- We must ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and renewable energy for all
- That’s why we must think of new renewable energy solutions
The aim of this initiative is to increase both energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. Energy is needed worldwide for our prosperity and well-being; for living, working and housing.
Development of society is driven by energy. That’s why universal access to energy is paramount. At the same time, energy is one of the most significant problems of this century as too much energy is extracted from fossil fuels like coal, oil and gas. These raw materials are finite and cause climate change and air pollution. The production of energy causes a large part of greenhouse gas emissions.
By 2030 everyone must have access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy. Sustainable energy can be obtained from natural sources such as water, wind and sun. To reach Global Goal 7, these sources need to be better investigated, as well as the technologies that can be used to generate sustainable energy. To make modern and sustainable energy accessible in developing countries, efforts must be made to improve infrastructure and technological progress.
- make sustainable energy accessible for all;
- improve energy efficiency;
- increased usage of sustainable energy sources;
- change lives, economies and the environment.