Reporting to the Head of Design Authority this role will see the holder managing several multidiscipline teams who will be responsible for delivering numerous complex projects that will incorporate Front End Engineering Design (FEED) comprising of Feasibility/Best Available Technology studies, Conceptual Design and Basic Design to Site and/or Group projects. Once in project execution phase this role will provide design assurance and design governance for the detailed design of Core Plant Systems and Facilities, acting as the intelligent customer.
- Manages design and engineering services (design management and specialist key/core engineering functions) to Group/Site projects
- Interfaces with Group and Site Design Authority community as well as incorporating customer requirements and site license conditions. Act as the intelligent customer towards suppliers of Core Technology and supervises the detailed design development and manufacturing of Core Technology systems.
- Define and implements plant/facility designs based on Urenco best practice and state-of-the-art technology solutions in order to be ahead of the competitors, ensure advanced plant designs comprises of safety features based on best industrial practice and lessons learnt from the (nuclear) business
- Ensure plant designs will meet license requirements, highest safety standards, customer specifications, operations flexibility and product integrity
- Operational management of a multidiscipline design team of senior engineers and, in collaboration with Manager Design Technology and Project Managers, responsible for the allocation of design resources to key projects
- Works collaboratively & has a strongly developed ability to lead & manage multi-disciplined teams to deliver medium to large sized complex plant design and engineering projects
- At least degree level education (ideally Masters or PHD – Physics, Maths, Nuclear Science or Advanced Technology) in (nuclear) process technology, mechanical or electrical engineering, automation science, and/or specialism in Nuclear Science
- Has a thorough understanding and knowledge of all aspects of defining and maintaining plant design throughout the asset life cycle including; interfaces and boundary limits through to ensuring advanced plant designs comprises of safety features based on best industrial practice and lessons learnt from industry
- Holds self and others to high performance, safety and quality standards, focuses on new and better ways of achieving goals and delivering outstanding outcomes
Bedrijfsprofiel URENCO Nederland B.V.
Urenco is de spil in een wereldwijd netwerk voor schone energieopwekking. Met ons product, verrijkt uranium, maken kerncentrales CO2 vrije elektriciteit voor 100 miljoen gezinnen, bedrijven en scholen. Het zijn onze mensen die het succes bepalen, we doen er daarom alles aan om een diverse en inclusieve organisatie te zijn, waar iedereen zich welkom en gewaardeerd voelt.
De afdeling Projects binnen Engineering & Projects is verantwoordelijk voor de supervisie op projecten op het gebied van nieuwbouw, modificaties, uitbreiding en onderhoud van de UNL verrijkingsinstallaties, hieraan gerelateerde systemen en gebouwen en gebouw gebonden installaties. De afdeling is volop in ontwikkeling en er wordt hard gewerkt aan een verbeterde structuur voor het managen van projecten.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Urenco Nederland B.V. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!