As universities all over the world are challenged to focus increasingly on impact, this has profound implications for both research and education. For example, influential research demands strong collaborations with industry and other partners – ideally in the form of research consortia. Likewise, learning shifts increasingly away from knowledge transfer to the real-life application of knowledge, especially in multi- or interdisciplinary teams aimed at solving societal challenges.
Our ideal colleague for the position of Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship, in the Entrepreneurship & Technology Management section, will challenge us to rethink our ideas on entrepreneurship and enterprising skills and is able to undertake high-quality research, has an interest in exploring novel research methods such as machine learning, while also bringing the latest insights to the classroom to provide an engaging learning experience. We will in turn challenge and support you in bringing your ideas to fruition.
You contribute to research, teaching, and outreach & engagement activities. You will
- Conduct high-tech business research at the crossroads of entrepreneurship, technology management and enterprising skills, with a genuine interest in combining different subject areas;
- (Co-)teach and coordinate courses on, for example, technology entrepreneurship or business development, in our Bachelor's and Master’s in (International) Business Administration and related programmes;
- Guide students in their graduation assignments;
- Contribute to the supervision of PhD students;
- Co-build our research and learning ecosystem (e.g., by acquiring external research funding).
- hold a PhD degree in business administration, industrial engineering, or a related field;
- have teaching experience (both lecturing and tutoring) at an internationally accredited research university;
- are ideally active in networks for acquiring research funding, and have ambition and experience in working closely with companies and government agencies;
- possess good communication skills and an excellent command of English;
- possess a University Teaching Qualification certificate, or an equivalent, or are willing to obtain this, and have a real passion for, and the ambition to become a creative and effective teacher.
We offer a permanent position (1.0 FTE) with a one-year probationary period (formally a 1-year contract with the prospect of a permanent contract). The starting salary, depending on your experience, ranges between € 3.974,- to € 6.181,- gross per month (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities), based on the job profile of Assistant Professor. In addition, the University of Twente offers additional attractive employment conditions (8% holiday allowance, 8.3% end-of-year bonus, solid pension scheme, sabbatical leave, professional and personal development programs, etc.).
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
The HBE department at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences holds a leading position at the interfaces of business, technology and the social sciences. In our ground-breaking research and novel education programmes, we strive for making an impact in business and healthcare by conducting cross-disciplinary research. We combine various themes such as smart-industry, supply chain management, transportation and logistics management, innovation management, healthcare operations, technology-based entrepreneurship, purchasing and supply management, cyber security, financial engineering, HRM, change management, and leadership.
We challenge conventional scholarly wisdom! Are you looking for a forward-thinking team-based environment to expand the borders of your home subject area and develop cross-disciplinary expertise? Join our team and strive to make a significant impact on science and society.
Please have a look at our video to learn more about our department
About the organization
The Faculty of Behavioral, Management and Social sciences (BMS) aims to play a key role in understanding, jointly developing and evaluating innovations in society. Technological developments are the engine of innovation. As a technical university that puts people first, we tailor them to human needs and behavior and use social engineering to integrate them into society. We also ensure adequate governance at public and private level, and robust, inclusive and fair organizational structures. We do this by developing, sharing and applying high-quality knowledge in Psychology, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communication Sciences, Philosophy, Educational Sciences and Health Sciences. Our research and education in these disciplines revolves around tackling and solving societal challenges. The research programs of BMS are closely linked to the research of the UT institutes Mesa+ Institute for Nanotechnology, TechMed Center and Digital Society Institute.
As an employer, the Faculty of BMS offers work that matters. We equip you to create new possibilities for yourself and for our society. With us, you will become part of a leading technical university with increasing, positive social impact. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial atmosphere, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example through our flexible, adaptable benefits.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!