As a Senior Radar System Engineer, you will work in a multidisciplinary team on the specification, design, development and validation of radar systems. Your team and direct colleagues consists of mainly Radar Architects, System Engineers, HW/SW engineers and Test Engineers, specialists in a certain domain (e.g. pulse-Doppler radar/FMCW radar, signal processing, tracking, ..) and generalists.
If you wish to grow further within Thales, we can offer you a learning trajectory and grow into the direction of a Radar System Architect.
Your main tasks are:
- Learn and apply multiple radar principles;
- Participate in daily activities of a specific domain (RF oriented and/ or algorithm oriented);
- Set up specifications, supported by your own simulations, in mutual discussion with Radar Architects and colleague Radar System Engineers;
- Gain practical experience by analysing field-data and solving issues;
- Support the product team in further marketing the specific product you are working on.
- Completed Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics;
- Extensive knowledge of the radar domain;
- Experienced in one or several radar subdomains (for example radar front-end/ signal processing/ extraction/ tracking/ sensor management);
- Have an ambitious, open minded attitude;
- Good communication skills and able to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Fluency in spoken and written English;
- Good to have experience with Matlab/ Simulink and C++.
- A challenging job in a great team within our high-tech, innovative work environment. Includes the freedom for initiative and good ideas;
- Room for personal and professional growth within our organisation, for example in regards to technical, commercial or international skills;
- Valuable international collaboration with coworkers from 68 different countries around the globe;
- A comfortable work space in a modern environment, with a focus on flexibility and the right work life balance;
- You can usually work where and when you want to be able to do your work as well and efficiently as possible. Within Thales we implement hybrid working, where you can, for example, work from home two days a week if your role allows it;
- A good salary, fitting travel allowance, and the ability to personalise your employment conditions: for instance, you can trade days off for internet costs, our bicycle plan, company fitness and relocation costs;
- 40 days off per year (PTO). Yes, really.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
The Radar Engineering Group performs all system engineering activities for the realization of radar and sensor products for naval ships. To strengthen our team, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated Senior Radar System Engineers.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!