You will be the Scrum Master of a highly motivated squad. The squad knows a lot about agile and is continuously improving their way of working. As a Scrum Master you motivate the squad members within this process and you facilitate them within the scrum framework combined with the agile principles. In that way you enable the squad to reach their goals and objectives. Furthermore, you stay in contact with important stakeholders. You make sure nothing stands in the way of the squad, so they can perform at their best. And above all, you take the squad to the next level in their agile maturity.
Your main activities are:
- Coaching the squad members, facilitate and support the squad ensuring nothing stands in their way of performing at their best
- Improving and optimizing the functioning of the squads by organizing the scrum evens like retrospectives and stand-ups, and by facilitating other (agile) meetings.
- Continue to spread the agile principles in the squads, and across other squads so that agile maturity of the squad increases over time.
- Facilitating and supporting to take away impediments that block or forms an obstacle for the squad members
- Working closely with the Product Owner and the engineers of the SID team. You maintain contact with other Scrum Masters and the agile community of the IT department. It is also possible to attend international Scrum Master meetings of the Thales Group.
The agile mindset is very important to you, and you are excited to transfer the agile principles onto the squad and people in your professional environment. However, you also know how to deal with resistance and find a way to work on the intersection between agile squad and the Business Units.
We are in search of a colleague who:
- Holds a relevant Bachelor or Master degree (preferably IT related, or Business & IT)
- Has experience as a Scrum Master, preferably PSM I certified
- Lives and breathes the agile mindset, and is up for the challenge to develop the squad towards a higher agile maturity level.
- Actively pursues transparency & predictability
- Has affinity with Business & IT
- Has excellent communication skills
- Is proactive, flexible, a go-getter, and enthusiastic
- Makes it happen
- Fluent speaking and writing in English
- Become part of a great team in a high tech, innovative international organization
- (International) opportunities for growth in tech-, management- and commercial roles
- Attention for personal development and own initiative
- A nice workplace in a modern building, where we value a good work-life balance and flexibility
- 40 leave days per year, travel expenses and a flexible benefits à la carte package with options like purchase/sale of leave hours, internet costs, bicycle plan, company fitness, trade union contribution or relocation costs
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales in Twente! In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!