You will be part of one of the Agile DevOps teams. Teams consist of a combination of Developers, Testers and a Product Owner. As a team, you are responsible for the complete development and management cycle.
Together you work on (backend) microservices in the AWS Cloud. Because you work with software that handles hundreds of requests per second (high performance), your work continues to be challenging.
Some of the things you are responsible for are include:
- Designing and implementing microservices for S3 Passenger;
- Translating functionalities into software solutions and bridging the gap between desired functionality and technical solution;
At Sqills we focus on quality. This is reflected in the ownership our team members have for their own microservices, but also in the fact we have extensive requirements for developing components.
Because our software offers the complete inventory, reservation and ticketing suite for our international customers, our focus on quality is especially important.
- Experience with SaaS applications, experience with microservice architecture is a plus;
- Knowledge of AWS;
- Experience with the build / deploy pipeline;
- Passionate about the following concepts: serverless, monitoring, secure development, high performance and high availability;
- Prefer a curious approach to work, you are someone who enjoys sharing new knowledge;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence is a plus.
At Sqills, teams have the freedom to choose the language and tools they work with. We are currently working with a combination of Java, Kotlin, Go and Rust (for React see our other vacancy). We often use IntelliJ or related products such as IDE. We use a mix of Jenkins and AWS tools (such as CodeBuild, CodePipeline, CodeDeploy) for our CI/CD pipelines.
We use Terraform, Cloud development Kit and Kubernetes, among others, to manage the infrastructure within AWS. Our infrastructure is a combination of traditional services, Lambda, and managed services such as DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, RDS, AmazonMQ, Cloudwatch and ELB.
We monitor services in production using New Relic, Sentry, Kibana, Prometheus and PagerDuty. We also have a custom-built front-end that integrates these monitoring tools and visualises fully distributed traces to help us analyse errors in our microservice landscape.
Secure development, architecture, performance, and resiliency are the cornerstones common to the different teams. This ensures that our software will continue to meet and exceed expectations in the future.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Sqills. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!