As the IoT Lead Engineer , you will use your digital expertise to lead and implement unique IoT enabled solutions & products. You will be the technical lead within an experienced project team and ensure we jointly deliver value for our customers.
You will also:
- Lead the design of IoT solutions that meet our clients’ needs and their business objectives in innovative ways; execute our F&B IoT roadmap & vision.
- Lead the team in the implementation and integration of IoT solutions across workstreams, geographies and stakeholders;
- Drive the understanding and adoption of emerging technological trends (e.g. predictive analytics, machine learning, AI, cloud computing) and propose solutions to unconventional and complex technical problems;
- Share your in-depth knowledge of technical subject matter with fellow engineers and be a role-model for (junior) engineers;
- Continuously improve and hone your engineering and project delivery skills to ensure industry best practices are upheld and clients receive expert advice;
- A good cooperation and communication with the F&B Product Manager IoT, Enterprise IoT architects, Process experts and other internal & external stakeholders;
- Collaborate with peers in other Pentair business units and the global IoT Innovation Center to leverage global support resources, drive standardization of IoT methodologies and adoption of best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master’s degree preferred;
- Extensive experience with Amazon Web Service Infrastructure and Platform as a Service tools; Certification is a plus;
- Experience in a technical lead role in the development & delivery of software and/or an IoT project;
- Understanding of new and existing IoT or Industry 4.0 related technologies, as they relate to hardware, connectivity, data management and application development;
- Understanding of data modeling, database design, performance monitoring and tuning is a plus;
- Proficiency with commonly used communication protocols (HTTP / REST / MQTT) and data transfer formats like JSON;
- Experience in setting up test strategies, preferred following the ISTQB standard and understanding of hardware development platforms and solutions (SBC’s & MCU’s);
- Excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English;
- Experience in working with IoT vendors / third party service providers is a plus;
- Deep technical knowledge in Agile software development (Jira platform);
- To being able to deal with different people (styles) and cultures; experience in collaborating with global technology teams is a plus;
- Willingness to travel several times a year to other Pentair locations, congresses / exhibitions and customers. Travelling both nationally and internationally;
Pentair Food & Beverage (F&B) IoT
We are only at the beginning of a very promising & exciting journey….
In an increasingly competitive marketplace that has seen the consumption of beverages grow rapidly, producers must have highly flexible and sustainable processes. Pentair helps its partners & customers meet these challenges with its advanced Food & Beverage products, technologies and services. With strong brands like Haffmans, Südmo and Pentair.
The F&B business unit has identified IoT as one of the most important pillars for achieving future success. The possibilities and benefit for our partners & customers are enormous. Think of self-adapting machines & processes, prescriptive maintenance software, augmented- and virtual reality based services & IoT enabled valves and measuring equipment.
The IoT team in Enschede consists of five highly motivated people supported by global & external teams. Each team member has his own technical expertise. The IoT team can be described as ambitious, open, young and driven to achieve success. Because of the strong business growth and changed responsibility, we are looking for expansion.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Pentair. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!