The System Architect’s decisions can make or break a product. A System Architect needs to be a good communicator and problem solver, because he or she is in charge of the development of a system architecture. Experience is an important factor, but the system architect can also learn a lot from his peers. Exchanging lessons learned from successful and failed development cases is invaluable to sharpen his/her mind. As Mechatronic system architect you are responsible for creating a technically consistent system design. In close cooperation with the R&D project leader, R&D Engineers and colleagues from other disciplines you ensure that all stakeholder requirements are met and translated into a systems architecture. You are responsible for achieving the system level goals of our next generation products and technologies. You are responsible for decisions made on system level. You work on the multidisciplinary system concept and the relations/ cohesion between disciplines and can technically coordinate technology and product development projects. You are also responsible for knowledge transfer and where possible, you also ensure that the R&D group reaches a higher level. In this respect, there is plenty of room for your own input of ideas (including new ones).
- Graduated from a technical university where you studied System & Controls or Mechanical
- Engineering with specialization in Mechatronics.
- At least 5 –10 years of experience in the automotive/ medical/ semicon industry.
- Experience as a lead engineer or system architect is preferred.
- You are capable of leading a team and work well in collaboration with customers and stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills (in Dutch and English).
- Technical leadership: as a generalist, you provide direction to technical project teams.
- You can create something from nothing.
- You think abstractly.
- You communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and with all disciplines.
- You have a clear and structured method of reporting.
- You build up and maintain networks in the internal organization as well as outside of it.
- You are capable of challenging others to come up with even better ideas.
- A varied job in an innovative, dynamic working environment where you get the opportunity to be really involved in the project from A to Z.
- Always a challenge to find precisely that technical solution that others cannot find.
- Room for personal and professional development.
- An engaged group of colleagues who want to make it happen together.
IMS ontwikkelt en bouwt hightech productielijnen voor de productie van kleine, samengestelde producten. Je vindt deze producten in alle moderne auto’s en mobiele telefoons en tablets. Onze klanten zijn de marktleiders van vandaag en morgen, met locaties over de hele wereld. Onze productielijnen brengen de klant stappen vooruit op hun concurrentie!
Wij zijn een compacte organisatie, op onze locatie werken zo’n 70 collega’s aan de productie van vandaag en morgen. Werken bij IMS betekent werken aan innovatieve projecten in een platte organisatie met multidisciplinaire teams. Tijdens een project ben je van A-Z betrokken en heb je direct contact met klanten. De passie voor technologie en betrokkenheid bij de klant en elkaar, maakt dat we onszelf continu uitdagen om het beste resultaat te bereiken.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of IMS. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!