We are looking for a data scientist that will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter business and technical decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in defining and applying data mining/analysis techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction for the behaviour and failure of our products..
You must have strong experience using a variety of advanced data mining/ analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. You must have a proven ability to drive product development results with their data-based insights. You must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders within international and functional teams.
Your training will start with the first year in Germany (Jülich) under guidance of R&D to understand in full detail our processes, products and databases. After the first year, you will continue working in the Netherlands (Almelo), whilst becoming acquainted with the engineering and manufacturing processes.
Also after the first year, you will regularly travel to Jülich and potentially other ETC sites as part of running data analytics projects.
Your key responsibilities:
- Mine and analyse statistical data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of failure analyses of products and product development.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Use predictive modelling to estimate future product behaviour.
- Doing ad-hoc statistical analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop statistical processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience working with and developing data architectures, creating datasets, combining data sources, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new statistical technologies and techniques.
- We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or other equivalent fields, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Coding knowledge and experience with Microsoft .NET (VB.NET, C#)
- Oracle and MS SQL databases and query languages
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, etc.
- Experience in creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience in visualizing/presenting data for stakeholder, such as PowerPoint
- English langue skills (C1-level)
- German and French langue skills are not mandatory but an advantage.
- Interest in traveling and openness to other cultures.
- You will get a lot of freedom and space to develop yourself and to grow
- You like having your own responsibility, challenges and variation in your work
- You think it is important to work in an enthusiastic and spontaneous team with lots of experience and knowledge
- You will work for an innovative, high-tech and international company
- With us, you will find an informal working environment, we have an active staff association and we also organize fun activities
Bedrijfsprofiel ETC Nederland
Enrichment Technology Company is een samenwerkingsverband tussen URENCO en Orano. Het belangrijkste doel voor ETC is om hun klanten een veilig werkende uraniumverrijkingsfabriek te leveren. In die fabrieken wordt gebruikgemaakt van hun unieke ultra-gascentrifugetechnologie om gewonnen uranium te verrijken voor het opwekken van energie in kerncentrales.
De kernactiviteiten van ETC bestaan naast onderzoek & ontwikkeling uit het vervaardigen, leveren en installeren van ultra-gascentrifuges en het bijbehorende leidingwerk. Ze ontwerpen uranium- verrijkingsfabrieken naar de speciale wensen van hun klanten en kunnen het projectmanagement verzorgen voor de bouw van deze fabrieken.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Enrichment Technology Company. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working? You can do this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!