As an Embedded Software Engineer you will be responsible for developing firmware and features for our Motion Trackers and related interfacing and communication peripherals. You will be working on products that focus on capturing, processing and sharing data on body and motion. For all your work you provide unit tests and clear documentation. Together with product management you help translate their product requirements into workable solutions and give estimates on the implementation effort. You will assist in the hardware design process ensuring the hardware functionality can be accessed by the firmware in a practical and efficient manner.
You will be part of the Engineering team. This team is divided into four fields of expertise, being Embedded Software Engineering, Application Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering and Quality Assurance. You will be working in an Agile/Scrum team. You will be based in Enschede, the Netherlands.
- Develop firmware for new sensors and existing sensors
- Design, develop and implement unit tests and functional tests
- Provide clear documentation for your work
- Assist in hardware design process
- Interact with hardware engineers, application software engineers and system engineers for product development
Xsens is looking for a result driven and conscientious Embedded Software Engineer. Someone who thrives in an environment where your proactive and can do attitude are highly appreciated. You have:
- At least a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field, Master’s degree preferred
- 2 to 5 years of work experience as an Embedded Software Engineer
- Excellent knowledge of C++ and C
- Experience with embedded Linux development
- Low level programming experience with Microcontrollers, knowledge about ARM Cortex-M and Cortex-A architectures is a pre
- Capable of reading hardware schematics especially w.r.t. digital electronics
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
Xsens is more than a leading innovator in the field of 3D motion tracking technology. Working for Xsens is working with colleagues that are inquisitively and entrepreneurial by heart. Naturally, there is a high level of cooperation within our team. The team consists of people with multiple international backgrounds, a sportive mindset and driven to get the most out of themselves. They share a passion for movement and technology.
Xsens offers a position in an innovative, ambitious and international company, with an attractive compensation package. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development. Full training in our products and services will be provided.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Xsens. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7521 PR ENSCHEDE 088 - 9736 700