As an integral project manager you are responsible for highly innovative complex challenging projects in a high-end precision environment. You are end to end responsible from project initiation until volume production of complex mechatronic systems and modules.
The Integral Project Manager manages the projects with a (large) multidisciplinary team of highly skilled, mainly technical experts, that’s why we expect you to have mechatronic expertise as well as professional project management skills. You are responsible for:
- The delivery of innovative mechatronic systems from development until manufacturing and customer acceptance;
- Delivering within boundaries as agreed in project assignment (time, quality, budget and scope);
- Leading the team on technical aspects in close cooperation with a System Architect assuring decision taking in the technical domain;
- Monitoring and control project progress including supply chain and manufacturing activities;
- Managing stakeholders: external customers as well as internal stakeholders at various managerial levels and functional domain (T&D, business, manufacturing and others);
- Managing external partners and component suppliers;
- Applying the project management and development processes of the organization;
- Contribute to the continuous development of the project management competency of the department.
This position is based in the Project Management group of VDL ETG Technology & Development
- A degree in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics, Physics or related;
- Academic working and thinking level;
- Professional project management skills, preferably certified (PMI, PRINCE2, IPMA);
- At least 5 to 10 years experience as a project leader for high-end equipment, leading multidisciplinary development team(s);
- You have knowledge of Design for Excellence;
- Successful track record within equipment development projects;
- You are a team builder and able to inspire, motivate and convince people;
- You are pro-active, analytical, creative person with a “can do” mentality;
- Good communication skills verbal and written in English and Dutch;
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad for a couple of weeks – few times per year.
- You are part of the international, industrial, family-owned company VDL Groep;
- You work with professionals in a technical and high end environment;
- Dynamic and informal atmosphere;
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams;
- International opportunities;
- Opportunities for personal development and growth.
Bedrijfsprofiel VDL Enabling Technologies Group
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of VDL. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!