As a Support Office Employee within the Graduate School:
- You work independently in a small supporting team of colleagues who share the various tasks like registering new candidates, dealing with special cases, completing documentation, monitoring and reporting, archiving graduates, etc.
- You are pro-active and service-minded in contact with the users, mainly (associate) professors and PhD and PDEng candidates.
- You look for solutions for users and data providers and, if necessary, make sure that you find the right path to help someone out. This all means you’re a team player and have an international orientation, with excellent command of English.
- You receive incoming messages and requests and distribute the necessary actions between the team members.
- You remind candidates and supervisors of (over)due tasks and missing documents.
- You take care of checks and early warning notices to users for due actions that may cause a delay.
- You inform users on request and as part of scheduled reminders.
- You store reports and other documentation in the system, and check that the right documents are delivered (e.g. MSc degrees, transcripts of records, validation etc.).
- You have at least a diploma at MBO level.
- You have gained experience with digital administration systems.
- You are a team worker.
- You have the ability to be customer oriented and deal with a diverse population.
- You are international oriented and have a very good command of the English language in speaking and writing.
You will be appointed for at least one year within a very stimulating environment.
- A starting salary from 2.329,- to 3.144,- (scale 7, CAO NU).
- An appointment for 32 - 40 hours per week.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment.
- Professional and personal development programs.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
About the Department
The mission of Twente Graduate School (TGS, established 2009) is to train and educate excellent researchers (PhD and PDEng), usually at the start of their career, and to present and promote excellent research and design via clustered or separate doctoral programmes. The doctoral candidates are trained to prove their competence by means of a doctoral thesis or design, and built a portfolio in transferrable and disciplinary skills.
With this mission, the TGS aims to improve the quality of research and education, to accentuate the University's identity and profile and to differentiate and individualise the specific doctoral programmes and services for its participants.
About the organization
TNW Faculty (Faculty of Science & Technology)
The Faculty of Science & Technology (Technische Natuurwetenschappen, TNW) engages some 700 staff members and 2000 students in education and research on the cutting edge of chemical technology, applied physics and biomedical technology. Our fields of application include sustainable energy, process technology and materials science, nanotechnology and technical medicine. As part of a people-first tech university that aims to shape society, individuals and connections, our faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad, and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. Our research has a high profile both in the Netherlands and internationally and is strengthened by the many young researchers working on innovative projects with as doctoral candidates and post-docs. It has been accommodated in three multidisciplinary UT research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centre and Digital Society Institute.
As an employer, the TNW Faculty offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With our Faculty, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!