University of Twente (UT) jointly with ING bank invites senior researchers with an excellent research and teaching record to apply for a joint Utwente-ING Associate professor position in AI and Finance, within the Faculty of Behaviour Management and Social Sciences (BMS).
We seek an individual with a strong background in AI, Finance, Fintech and related areas. You should have a strong record in research in these fields, and in bridging research and practice. You are comfortable in linking the academic and corporate world and have experience in successfully running projects with academic and business partners. You are familiar with AI technology, and can translate these advancements into business challenges, customer needs and financial service innovations.
This position is based at the University of Twente and will be closely linked to the ING bank data science and AI team. You will be able to spend your time on the research and educational programs of both organizations to achieve synergy and mutual benefits. This will allow to have greater impact for your research output, which can bring research results to real-life.
The university has been recognized nationally and internationally for its high-quality research and impact on society. Many spin-off companies were born in Twente. It is central in a vibrant ecosystem of innovative organizations. We perform ground-breaking research combining various high-tech business domains, such as smart-industry, information management, supply chain management, innovation management, technology-based entrepreneurship, purchasing and supply management, financial management, human resource management, leadership and change management. Our research in finance deals with finance and risk management, linked to business development and scaling of new business. Our work in financial engineering addresses the financial structure and financial models used in international markets. We study Valuation: development of univocal, unambiguous valuation methods that balance societal and economic goals. Technology has tremendous impact on financial management is various ways. Growing volumes of real time data allow for more detailed analyses and enhanced predictions. FinTech companies are radically changing financial services and business models.
- Contribute to goals of kickstart AI (be part of the national initiative) supporting growth in research and education in AI and business
- Contribute to the ING FinTech research
- Have a strong track record in AI, Finance, Fintech and/or related areas demonstrated by your publication and project portfolio.
- Have experience in bridging research and practice and in linking the academic and corporate world
- Have demonstrated to be able to successfully conduct projects with academic and business partners.
- You master AI technology, and can translate these advancements into business challenges, customer needs and financial service innovations.
- You will be (co-)teaching and coordinating courses in our PhD, Bachelor and Master programs of (International) Business Administration, Industrial Engineering & Management, Business & IT in the area of AI and Finance. You have proven successful teaching experience
- Contribute to supervising BSc, MSc and co-supervise PhDs;
- Developing expertise in novel data driven research methods and working jointly with BMS lab (a lab that develops expertise in using industrial and behavioural research datasets for research);
- Formulate and carry out your own research within the focus areas of Finance and technology and/or Financial Engineering.
We offer an ambitious environment for inter-disciplinary research in these areas. Expand the borders of your home discipline and develop cross-disciplinary work! We challenge conventional scholarly wisdom! Join our team and strive to have a significant and sustainable impact on science and society.
You will be appointed for four years with a prospect for permanent position. The university offers a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- Starting salary between € 5.190,- to € 6.940,- gross per month based on your experience;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
University of Twente (UT)
University of Twente (UT) has entered the new decade with an ambitious, new vision, mission and strategy. As ‘the ultimate people-first university of technology' we are rapidly expanding on our High Tech Human Touch philosophy and the unique role it affords us in society. Everything we do is aimed at maximum impact on people, society and connections through the sustainable utilisation of science and technology. We want to contribute to the development of a fair, digital and sustainable society through our open, inclusive and entrepreneurial attitude. This attitude permeates everything we do and is present in every one of UT's departments and faculties. Building on our rich legacy in merging technical and social sciences, we focus on five distinguishing research domains: Improving healthcare by personalised technologies; Creating intelligent manufacturing systems; Shaping our world with smart materials; Engineering our digital society; and Engineering for a resilient world.
As an employer, University of Twente offers jobs that matter. We equip you as a staff member to shape new opportunities both for yourself and for our society. With us, you will be part of a leading tech university that is changing our world for the better. We offer an open, inclusive and entrepreneurial climate, in which we encourage you to make healthy choices, for example, with our flexible, customisable conditions.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the company. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account