Development and advice:
- Contribute to and advice on development of the faculty research-strategy, vision and mission
- Align departmental research plans with the Faculty research portfolio
- Investigate and interpret national and international developments relevant for Research at ITC
- Investigate societal needs to strengthen ITC’s research portfolio
- Prepare vision, strategy and policy documents on research, together with the Portfolio holder Research and Dean
- Prepare ITC’s domain plan, together with the Portfolio holder Research and Dean
- Prepare KNAW-SEP audits, together with the Portfolio holder Research
- Strengthen quality of ITC’s research portfolio with proposal submissions such as to NWO-NWA, NWO-GO-SRON and H2020
- Develop and implement quality control protocols for personal grant proposal submission including NWO-VVV and ERC proposals
- Further develop quality control protocols for PhD research to optimize success rate and efficiency
- Develop KPI’s research and allocation parameters for PhD supervision
- Develop and manage effective communication on procedures for all research policies and methodologies to researchers
- Manage the faculty research database
Coordination and communication:
- Coordinate ITC’s research portfolio
- Coordinate personal grant proposal submissions. Liaise to S&B on personal grant proposal submissions.
- Moderate research initiatives between ITC and UT research institutes
- Coordinate ITC’s excellence programme
- Represent the faculty in relevant networks and organisation linked to research such as SENSE and TGS
Administration and others:
- Manage ITC Research website
- Monitor the PhD-SIS registration
- Be the secretary of ITC’s Academic Board
- Contribute to the UT-Ethics committee
- In the position of Research Coordinator you report to the Portfolio holder Research and the Dean/Faculty Board.
- A clear vision on geo-science research and research strategy
- A track record in the field of research policies and strategies
- Extensive research experience including scientific and applied research
- Extensive experience with PhD-research projects
- Proven management and coordination skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) in Dutch and English
- Relevant relations within UT and research networks
- A Doctorate
- Ample work experience at the UHD or professor level
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be fulltime employed for 4 years. Prolongation of the contract after this period is a possibility.
- Gross monthly salary between € 5,190.- and € 6,317.- (fulltime), depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Associate Professor, level 2).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- Excellent facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente provides international postgraduate education, research and project services in the field of geo-information science and earth observation using remote sensing and GIS. The aim of ITC's activities is the international exchange of knowledge, focusing on capacity building and institutional development in developing countries and emerging economies.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the company. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!