At the Department of Developmental BioEngineering at the University of Twente, a vacancy exists for a postdoc. This vacancy is funded by a recently awarded grant by the European Fund for Regional Development (EFRO) and is available immediately. In this project you will develop novel microparticles for the expansion and differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs). This novel approach uses state-of-the-art microtechnologies including advanced microfluidics to create a commercially viable biomaterial-based solution for the expansion and differentiation of iPSCs.
University of Twente’s Technical Medical Centre is widely recognized for its excellence in development of new biomedical solutions and advanced biomanufacturing technologies. Our Department, has a strong history in the development of advanced biomaterials for the minimally invasive treatment of various diseases. More recently, we have developed microfluidic platforms that allow for the ultra-high throughput production of micrometer-sized hydrogels for the encapsulation or expansion of mammalian cells. Specifically, you will be responsible for modifying biomaterials, microfluidically producing micromaterials, and developing responsive microgel surface modifications. This position therefore offers the opportunity to work on the multidisciplinary interface of biomaterial science, cell biology, and microtechnology. Moreover, you will work in a highly productive, widely recognized, and social research team.
- You hold a PhD degree that was based on Biomaterial Science, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or an equivalent field of research; A background in microfluidic technology or micromaterials is valued, but not essential.
- You have excellent analytical skills and an innate ability for solution oriented problem solving;
- You have a strong interest in cell-biomaterial interaction, biomaterial modification, clinical translation, and microfluidic micromaterials;
- You have experience in investigating and synthesizing polymers, analyzing biomaterials, and studying cell-material interactions. Experience in microfluidic devices, micromaterials, and stem cell culture will be considered as a boon;
- You are a team player with great communication skills;
- You have demonstrable leadership potential and experience in the supervision of students.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
You will be appointed on a fulltime position for two years, within a stimulating scientific environment. The university offers a dynamic academic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues.
- Starting salary ranges from € 3.353 to € 4.402 gross per month depending on your background, relevant experience and qualifications, in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) of the Dutch Universities.
- A stimulating work environment in a recognized Centre of Excellence.
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- A solid pension scheme;
- Minimum of 29 holidays in case of full-time employment;
- Professional and personal development programs;
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly encouraged.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
Within the TNW Faculty (Faculty of Science & Technology) of the University of Twente some 700 staff members and 2000 students are involved in training and research on the interface of chemical technology, applied physics and biomedical technology. Fields of application include sustainable energy, process technology and materials science, nanotechnology and technical medicine. Research, which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!