In a world in which trust and resilience of our communication infrastructures become of key importance for our digital society and our digital sovereignty becomes at stake, it is important to understand how crucial networks and systems should be designed in a responsible way. The Design and Analysis of Communication Systems (DACS) group of the University of Twente (UT) is an internationally leading group in the area of network security and performs research in these societal challenges.
Within DACS there is a new position for a Full Professor who performs research on network and IoT security, with a focus on Open and Software Defined Networking.
- We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic scientist with a PhD degree in computer science, electrical engineering or related fields.
- You have several years of (international) experience in the academic or industrial environment, with a proven track record of high-quality research producing scientific publications.
- You have experience in management of professionals, aimed at developing researchers and finding opportunities to collaborate
- Strong scientific network; proven by joint collaborations, projects and publications
- You have a proven track record in obtaining research grants.
- You are an enthusiastic and highly motivated lecturer and are able to contribute to the teaching duties of the BAO chair in the Biomedical Engineering and Technical Medicine studies.
- You have excellent communication, organisation and leadership skills. Fluent command of English is required.
- You will work in a challenging multidisciplinary environment. It is therefore essential to show willingness to look beyond disciplinary boundaries.
We offer an excellent and stimulating scientific environment with an attractive campus and lots of facilities for sports and leisure. The university provides a dynamic ecosystem with enthusiastic colleagues in which internationalization is an important part of the strategic agenda.
- A structural position, starting with a temporary appointment with the prospect of a permanent position after a positive evaluation;
- The terms of employment are in accordance with the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Universities (CAO), and include:
- a starting salary from € 5.749 to € 8.371 (scale H2) gross per month, based on relevant work experience;
- a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%;
- a minimum of 29 leave days in case of fulltime employment based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. A fulltime employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- professional and personal development programs;
- a solid pension scheme.
Are you up for the challenge to improve the world of Computer Science with your research as well as teaching in one of the most top-rated departments in the Netherlands?
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The faculty of Electrical Engineering, Mathematics and Computer Science (EEMCS) comprises three disciplines that shape Information and Communication Technology. ICT is more than communication. In almost every product we use mathematics, electronics and computer technology and ICT now contributes to all of societies' activities. The faculty works together intensively with industrial partners and researchers in the Netherlands and abroad and conducts extensive research for external commissioning parties and funders. The research which enjoys a high profile both at home and internationally, has been accommodated in the multidisciplinary research institutes: Mesa+ Institute, TechMed Centra and Digital Society Institute.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of University Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!