The Global Software Research & Development team is focused on next generation control & connectivity platforms within the home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. As a member of this global team your team will be involved in every aspect of design and implementation efforts (embedded software development, customer integration, proof of concept, data analytics and insights, field tests and data capture). This would require deep understanding of UEI’s core embedded technologies, data driven cloud services, embedded data products, and overall industry and technology trends as they relate to our vision. You will always be faced with a new puzzle to solve, technology to study and limitation to work around.
The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a cross functional team of embedded software developers, and data analysts in the day to day activities of new research & development in collaboration with a global team, and ongoing product and customer support needs for the region.
The role will help in translating customer needs into guidelines for the development of roadmap in order to create unique data-driven product offerings.
- A hands-on approach to leading a data-driven embedded Linux and Android software development team
- Mentor and build local talent & processes across required disciplines ranging from embedded software development, data analytics and test
- Engage with strategic customers to define highly optimized solutions with special attention to under experience, managing the full SDLC of the software product offering
- Drive multiple cross department multiregional designs from concept through realization (hands on in every aspect of the process)
- As per the requirements from the global product team, expand strategical data and software assets through a combination of in-field data development, research and market outreach.
- Self-motivated & a Leader, Innovative and a passion for results!
- BSc & 10 years of experience in Electrical Engineering or related field (MSc or PhD preferred).
- Experience in building and leading high performance agile development teams
- Extensive experience in Embedded Linux and Android Systems, Wireless Communications and Networking Technologies
- Experience & Passion in Consumer Electronics, Human-Machine Interactions, etc.
- Experience with cloud service integration with embedded systems
- Experience with data analytics, data visualization tools
- Knowledge of machine learning and AI frameworks is a plus
- Experience with video delivery and/or smart home technologies and products
- Full product life-cycle ownership from concept to production for internal product concepts to external customer-driven designs
- Experience with IP networking and wireless communication standards, e.g. Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart, Zigbee, Thread, Wi-Fi
- Fluent in reading, writing and communicating in English is a must. Second international language is a plus.
- Intercontinental travel
- Collaborate and discuss new technologies and approaches with technology partners and customers
- Build customer relationship through frequent contact with select lead customers with respect to product development, specific/technical customer requirements, etc.
- Manage team budget and improve on utilization of the funds in expanding the strategical data assets
- Manage Engineering and Project/Product Management, Sprint planning, etc.
- Travel with Sales to customers in pre-production phase in order to assist in selling the technical concept of the product
- Assist Sales in translating Product and Software Specifications to the Customer
- Global responsibility for helping respond to advanced product RFQs
- Train global Application Engineering team on technology solutions
- Agile development, Scrum Master,
- IoT Landscape and relevant technologies
- Algorithm Development, Optimization, Wireless Communication Protocols, Virtual Machine, Compression, Image processing, Voice Recognition
- Infrared, Z-Wave, Zigbee, RF4CE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, IPv6, TCP, UDP, HTTP, 6lowPAN, HDMI, CEC, EDID, OCAP, UPnP, DLNA, IPTV, connected TV
- Embedded Linux, Android, iOS, C/C++
- Integration with cloud services and Restful APIs, AI systems and machine learning
Bedrijfsprofiel Universal Electronics
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend and not an obstacle. Consumer electronics is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Trends in Technology change every season and new devices are making way into the homes of people faster than ever. Interacting with these devices is a challenge. Our team is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. We are infatuated by technology; however only see it as the means and not the goal itself. We accept no boundaries and no problem should remain unresolved.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 450 million people every week, and we’re just getting started! We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the company. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7521 PT ENSCHEDE 053 - 4888 000