In our team located in Enschede we have a career opportunity available for a Program Manager.
After a project is won, the Program Manager takes the lead and translates the customer requirements / expectations into a project plan that is used to develop and realize the products. The Program Manager is responsible for the planning, budget, cost control and quality during the program development. The Program Manager is managing expectations; sells planning, delays, risks/risk mitigations and constraints in a convincing matter. The Program Manager is a true leader who guides the project team (internal and external) in case of issues and escalations to successful project completion.
The Program Manager works in a cross functional team, interfacing with leaders, department managers, and project teams around the globe. The Program Manager leads the team and guards the interests of both internal and external stakeholders. The position requires travelling on an international level. The role requires a self-starting mentality and a strong capability for multi-tasking, prioritization and managing complex programs with a high importance to both UEI and our customers.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Managing RF & cloud based programs after they are won and lead internal and external teams through feasibility and realization phase towards first mass production deliveries
- Interface between internal & external stakeholders
- The ability to act as a leader during project setup, execution and during escalations when applicable
- Able to communicate on a high level with industry leaders and department heads as well as towards (system) engineers around the globe
- Able to set a framework, set priorities and drive issues to closure
- Train other Program Managers in the team to be able to manage cloud based solutions
- Contribute to team and departmental goals
- Bachelor or master degree in computer science or related
- 5-10 years’ experience in a Program Management role ideally in international environment
- Successfully managed for some years Programs with Cloud based solutions
- Experience in managing software developments, ideally with broadcasters or system integrator environments
- Proven Project Management skills. Ideally with certificate (Eg. PRINCE2, PMI). Experience with aligning International project teams on risk management & contingency, stakeholder management, planning & dependencies
- Outstanding communication skills in English (presenting, spoken and written) and able to interface with team members on different operational levels internal & external
- Ideally has experience in managing programs with Radio technology (RF4CE, BLE, BT etc.)
- Experience or interest in Electrical and Mechanical/ design components of a remote control
- Strong leadership skills
- Analytical and critical thinker
- Understand customer strategy and business case and able to translate this in project plan
- Manage expectations & delays and build in contingency plans
- Able to cope with stress and deadlines
- Takes ownership and has a drive to do whatever it takes
- Experience in working in international environment
- Good in multi-tasking and in setting priorities
- Able to travel up to 10-20% of time
- Like to work with flexible work hours due to no 9-5 mentality (stakeholders in Asia, India and US)
- Willing to work in a result oriented environment where we work hard as a team, where we do not forget to have fun in what we do as well
Candidates that are willing to relocate to the Enschede area or are willing to work from their home office and can frequently travel to the Enschede office, are also invited to apply.
Be part of a team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, engineers and designers. Working with biggest Broadcasters (Sky, Vodafone, LGI, Orange, etc.) and Integrators (Sagemcom, Technicolor, etc.) in Europe, middle East, India and South Africa. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges.
UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop oneself and grow both horizontal or vertically throughout the global organization.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universal Electronics
Universal Electronics (UEI) – redefining control. UEI embedded software, hardware and cloud services provide intelligence to seamlessly control and interact with an expanding list of home entertainment electronics. Every year UEI pushes the boundaries of what a remote control is and what it is able to do by applying emerging technologies. UEI continues to earn its status as the innovative leader with the largest and most comprehensive intellectual property portfolio in the industry. We have led the way in deploying tens of millions of control solutions that feature voice, touch and motion control as well as the advanced connectivity solutions featuring Zigbee®, RF4CE, Bluetooth® smart and Wi-Fi® communication protocols. We are now also taking the lead in new areas of the market, by creating an interface between the customer’s environment and our UEI Cloud based Smart Home solutions.
Our business segments
Universal Electronics Inc. develops control technology solutions and manufactures a broad line of pre-programmed universal remote control products, embedded hardware and software, and audio-video (AV) accessories that enhance and simplify the home entertainment experience. Our offerings include:
- Radio frequency (‘RF’) remote controls that are sold to subscription broadcasting providers (Cable, Satellite and IPTV), OEM, retailers and private label customers.
- Cloud based solutions that interface between customer environment and our Smart Home solutions
- Integrated circuits on which our software and universal device control database is embedded and intellectual property is sold to OEM, Subscription Broadcasting and private label customers.
- Software, firmware and technology solutions that can enable devices such as TV’s, set-top boxes, smart phones, tablets, gaming controllers and other consumer electronic devices to wirelessly connect and interact with home networks.
- We deliver in the Business to Business market as well as direct Business to Consumer market.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Universal Electronics. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7521 PT ENSCHEDE 053 - 4888 000