Specify and coordinate UEI products for major consumer electronics customers. Collaborate with the customer directly to understand their needs. Collaborate with Sales to promote the most applicable UEI solution. Collaborate with internal engineering and design teams to drive the initial architecture and cost determinations. Lead and author the product specification and drive the project towards kick-off.
You’ll be working out of our office in Enschede to support customers in our entire region (EMEA).
- Define product requirements based on discussions with the customer.
- Explain performance/cost tradeoffs of various approaches.
- Gather members of UEI engineering teams to discuss engineering approaches and tradeoffs.
- Drive progress on design, feasibility, and cost information.
- Communicate needs clearly. Over-communicate so that the understanding is clear.
- Write the engineering product requirements, covering software, electrical & mechanical needs.
- Lead meetings with engineering teams to verify specified product and timeline is feasible.
- Lead unit cost and NRE estimations and inform Sales.
- Discuss software product details with manufacturers of consumer electronics devices.
- Determine feasibility of implementing UEI software into their product ecosystem.
- Answer high-level questions regarding software integration, OS requirements, etc.
- Dive into source code when needed to understand software behavior.
- Support the Sales team as the lead engineering expert in key high-volume customer meetings.
- Have frequent contact with customer regarding product development and technical questions.
Required Skills and Experience
- or better in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems, Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and project coordination skills.
- Strong ability to drive progress and ensure deliverables are not missed.
- Knowledge and passion for consumer devices.
- Basic knowhow of RF system principles.
- Flexibility (No 9-5 mentality).
- English language (full professional proficiency).
- Willingness and ability to travel. 10-30% travel estimated mainly in Europe (pending project assignments).
Preferred (Nice to Have) Skills and Experience
- RF technologies, especially Bluetooth / RF4CE / Zigbee / Sub-1Ghz.
- Voice, audio, microphones, audio compression.
- Smart Home / Sensors communication protocols.
- HDMI CEC/EDID interfaces.
- Android TV experience.
- Worked on one or more of these product types: IPTV / OTT / STB / IoT / TV.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universal Electronics
Our vision is beyond a connected home, rather a smarter home where technology is your friend. Consumer electronics is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Trends in Technology change every season and new devices are making way into the homes of people faster than ever. Interacting with these devices is a challenge, here you will solve these problems and impact everyday lives all over the world!
Join us and become part of a team that is focused on next generation distributed platforms for the connected home ecosystem; we solve real life problems and bring improvements to the masses. Here you will be part of the Smart Home explosion creating device technology that we all use every day. We greatly reward innovation here at UEI, the more you can create the better. Our teams will support your ideas, help get your ideas through to patents and help you learn more and more every day about embedded platforms, systems and IoT ecosystems.
Our products and technologies are touched by well over 450 million people every week, and we’re just getting started! We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices for the most well-known brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments!
The Application Engineer is a key technical interface to our customers, working in cooperation with Sales, and taking the lead driving towards the best solution, considering both hardware and software at the device level. The goal is to bring the product to development, utilizing strong technical, interpersonal, and leadership abilities. You will work interdisciplinary with software teams, product management, sales, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial design and other teams to define the product and be the catalyst to bring the product to life!
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Universal Electronics. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7521 PT ENSCHEDE 053 - 4888 000