We offer the possibility of working in an exciting and technically challenging domain providing training programmes for our customers about our systems and solutions.
Our systems (or sensors) could be radar or electro optical systems containing different techniques and networks, where as our combat management systems combines the inputs from these sensors for the users (operators) to control the use of effectors on board the naval platform (typically missiles or guns).
In the role of Trainer/Customer Instructor you will be part of the training team where each member takes care of several systems or audiences, during several phases of the systems/solutions lifecycle (initial and repeat courses). Our training programmes focus mainly on different levels of maintainers or operators and can be tailored to fit customer specific requirements. You will work both at our premises and at customer locations (land based test locations and on board of ships) around the world.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Specify and develop training plan and material, in cooperation with logistic engineers, technical authors, system test engineers and project teams.
- Provide training programmes in our Thales International Training Centre or at customer locations.
- Act as host for our trainees, together with our Welfare officer and project team.
- Collect information for our support teams in case of technical and/or performance problems.
- Participate in services such as system health checks, maintenance and repair.
This job is highly suited to an enthusiastic professional with the ambition to work on a broad variety of systems with customers from around the world. We are looking for a hands on colleague who is interested in working with both legacy and newest technologies, as we support our products during their long product life cycle.
- Bachelor/Master in the technical domain, e.g. Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Physics
- Proven didactic skills, knowledge of teaching methods
- Able to analyse and interpret complex hardware / software specifications and documentation
- Professional language skills in English (verbal and writing), other language skills are an advantage.
- Analytical and problem-solving capacity
- Ability to empathize with other cultures and customs
- Flexible to travel
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. In a world that is increasingly fast-moving, unpredictable and full of opportunities, they come to us with big ambitions: to make life better and to keep you safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our employees design and deliver extraordinary high-tech solutions. With 68.000 talents working in 54 countries, 2000 employees are based in the Netherlands. We are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security.
We help our customers think smarter and act faster in the fields of transportation, defence , space, aerospace and cyberspace, mastering ever-greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. We are therefore leading the digital transformation, focusing on artificial intelligence, big-data & data analytics, connectivity, mobility and internet of things and cybersecurity.
In the Netherlands, we are located in five cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven, Enschede and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions, research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft) and research & development for serious gaming (in collaboration with the University of Twente).
About the team
The Business Unit Naval Systems in Hengelo is an international player in the naval market. The training team within Thales Netherlands Naval is responsible for the development and delivery of training programmes for radar and electro optical and combat management systems (both maintenance and operational). The training team is also involved in performing Services such as health checks, technical assistance and repairs for our customers.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales in Twente! In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!