In this role you will join a team of highly qualified engineers developing new generations of X-Ray tubes and high-grade components for analytic X-ray equipment. Within the development team, you will have a variety of design- and validation tasks but your primary responsibility will be thermal and thermo-mechanical design of X-Ray tubes.
What are your challenges?
- Based on customer requirements together with the System Architect and other Development Engineers you will propose technical concepts and validate them using Finite Element Modeling and experimental tests.
- You will work closely with Mechanical Engineers to make correct implementation of your design in CAD ensuring compliance with design rules.
- Together with the Test Engineer you define a test plan, review the results and make product design changes as necessary.
- Finally, working closely with factory Process Engineers you facilitate smooth transfer of the product to production.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Bachelor or University degree in Technical Physics
- Expert knowledge of Finite Element Modeling method, familiarity with one of the FEM packages: ANSYS (preferred), Abaqus or COMSOL
- Strong background in physics, specifically in heat transfer and thermo-mechanics
- Comfortable with computer modeling techniques, design of computer experiments, and model validation
- Basic understanding of statistical methods and product development practices
- Demonstrable strong analytical capabilities, you get energy from solving complex problems
- Excellent experimental skills
- Strong communication skills
- You are independent, but a strong team player
- You are result-oriented
- You are fluent in English and (prepared to learn) Dutch.
Great to have:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in high-tech product development environment
- Experience in working with metals, ceramics, brazing and welding joints would be valuable
When you join
- Your career will take off with a ‘New Hire Training’. We continue to stimulate our employees in improving their skills, knowledge and performance by in-house, on-the-job training, and external trainings. We value entrepreneurship and commitment by offering real career possibilities.
- You become part of a growing company where you can shape the future of our work processes.
- Excellent work life balance.
Bedrijfsprofiel Malvern PANalytical
We create superior, customer-focused solutions and services which deliver tangible economic impact through chemical, physical and structural analysis of materials. Underpinned by extensive industry knowledge and technical and applications expertise, Malvern Panalytical instruments help users better understand a wide variety of materials, from proteins and polymers to metals and building materials.
Via onderstaande sollicitatie button kom je terecht op de site van Malvern Panalytical in Twente. Mocht de vacaturelink niet meer werken, dan is de vacature verlopen en kun je niet meer solliciteren. Wij proberen uiteraard ons vacaturebestand zo actueel mogelijk te houden. Wil je ons daarmee helpen en ons een bericht sturen als een link niet meer werkt?
Wil je op de hoogte blijven van andere interessante vacatures in Twente? Schrijf je dan in hier in!