A challenging and dynamic job, in which you closely work with the Vice President (VP) and other MT members. You support the development and execution of the MT’s strategic agenda one the one hand, and prepare decision making, including ensuring quality and effectiveness thereof, on the other. You are a vital element in connecting the MT and the rest of the organisation. You use your political antenna to identify any issues that may arise, or topics that “live” within the organisation, and ensure they are appropriately addressed by the MT. To that end, you work together closely with colleagues within the Improvement, Communications, and Quality departments. Concrete activities may include: preparing management briefings, facilitating strategic business reviews, sponsoring improvement initiatives, drafting of plans and monitoring progress of actions.
Depending on your ambitions and interests, you may get involved in various (strategic) topics. Given the broad scope of this job, you will be able to develop various competences (leadership skills) and to grow your in-depth knowledge on a variety of topics within a relatively short period. You will quickly get to know our organisation and build your network. After two to three years, you will be ready for your next career steps, either within Thales Nederland or the Thales Group.
You are an analytical thinker, able to quickly understand your context and the possible impact of issues, and not afraid to challenge the status quo. You set clear objectives and priorities and can be decisive when required. You are an excellent communicator, also in writing, and are able to serve as “sparring partner” in different levels of the organisation (strategic, tactical, operational). To that end, excellent command of Dutch and English is a must; French is definitely a benefit.
You take responsibility, feel ownership and act in the interest of the company. You quickly build relationships with a variety of stakeholders, and are organisationally and culturally sensitive. You have a political antenna and are representative and discreet, whatever the situation. Being flexible and cooperative on the one hand, and able to cope with stress on the other, are key to success in this job.
You have a broad interest and keep up to date when it comes to national and international developments that are related to our business. You are ambitious and have great development potential, making this job the kick-start of a career within Thales.
- A relevant university degree, such as Law, Business/Public Administration, Economics
- Relevant professional experience, preferably in an international context
- Experience when it comes to working with a variety of stakeholders
- A profound interest in safety and security, strategy, business management and improvement, and high tech
- Relevant computer literacy / skills
- Become part of a great team in a high tech, innovative international organization
- (International) opportunities for growth in tech-, management- and commercial roles
- Attention for personal development and own initiative
- A nice workplace in a modern building, where we value a good work-life balance and flexibility
- 40 leave days per year, travel expenses and a flexible benefits à la carte package with options like purchase/sale of leave hours, internet costs, bicycle plan, company fitness, trade union contribution or relocation costs
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!