As a Software Engineer you contribute to a multidisciplinary and self-organizing Agile/Scrum team. In addition to software product development, our teams are fully responsible for various aspects, such as requirements analysis, architecture, design, testing, validation and product demonstrations. The use of high-tech techniques and software development methods is important. The software of the Fire Control System is based both on Java and C++ and is supported by a modern development environment. Especially the areas of the Missile Fire Control and Gun Fire Control domains are based on the C++ technology stack.
You will work with the following tools and techniques:
- Agile/Scrum software development
- C++, CMake, real-time software development
- Continuous Integration & Delivery
- Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, GIT, BitBucket
- Unit Testing, Test Automation, Google-Test
- MatLab, SimuLink (pré)
Thales offers careers, not just jobs. You will have the opportunity to develop towards senior expert in your area of expertise. Or if you want to broaden your scope and increase domain knowledge, you could become one of our System Engineers. Or if you are an excellent organiser, you may find that a career path in the field of Agile ScrumMaster or Project Lead fits your profile.
We are in search for a colleague who:
- Is passionate about technology;
- Is create, open, flexible;
- Is a team-player;
- Wants to contribute to a safe and secure society;
- Graduated at Bachelor or Master level in the area of software engineering, information/computer science or similar with a talent for C++;
- Is capable of rapidly mastering new domains and techniques;
- Dutch nationality.
- Become part of a great team in a high tech, innovative international organization
- (International) opportunities for growth in tech-, management- and commercial roles
- Attention for personal development and own initiative
- A nice workplace in a modern building, where we value a good work-life balance and flexibility
- 40 leave days per year, travel expenses and a flexible benefits à la carte package with options like purchase/sale of leave hours, internet costs, bicycle plan, company fitness, trade union contribution or relocation costs
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
The Above Water Warfare Fire Control System (AWW-FCS) Thales is designing and developing will protect ships from above-water threats. By integrating new generations of Thales sensors and trusted partner’s weapon systems, the new top-end software solution will ensure the maximum possible level of protection for the crew.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!