As a system engineer infrastructure, you work in an international multidisciplinary team on the specification, design and validation of the infrastructure platform for the combat management command & control system. In the team you are responsible for the technical design and definition of infrastructure work packages, that will be implemented by scrum teams. Activities include amongst others:
- Discuss operational needs together with internal project and product development teams
- Perform requirements decomposition towards combat system infrastructure building blocks
- Define the detailed functional behavior of infrastructure building blocks
- Support scrum teams that implement the new functionality of infrastructure building blocks
- Work in close collaboration with system architects and colleague system engineers
When you join our group you will have a varied working week. One moment you discuss your solution with architects, the other you spend defining the interaction between our command & control system and other systems on board of the ship. You frequently meet with your team to learn from each other and to discuss progress.
Do you have a passion for technology, do you enjoy constantly developing your skills and are you interested in working on Naval Command & Control systems? Then you are the person we are looking for.
- You hold a bachelor or master degree in computer science, electrical engineering, system engineering or comparable.
- You have a demonstrable experience with system engineering of complex systems comparable to naval combat systems.
- You’ve got good knowledge of IT infrastructure technology (networking, operating systems, cyber security) and real-time distributed systems. Relevant technologies include Linux, Cisco networking equipment, Java and Python. Knowledge of container virtualization is preferred
- You are a strong communicator capable of discussing with all types of stakeholders
- You have a high level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- Language proficiency: English European language level: C1, and preferable Dutch language skills at C1 level.
- Certifications such as CISSP, RHCA or CCIE are a big plus
- Location: Hengelo in the Netherlands
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
System Engineer Infrastructure
The Solution Engineering Group performs all system engineering activities for the realization of a command & control system on board of naval ships. To strengthen our group, we are looking for enthusiastic and motivated:
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!