We are looking for a motivated person to lead as a work package manager a part of our professional Solution Engineering team within a bigger program and act as a kind of development manager/coordinator for the entire program. You will manage the team in a motivating and inspiring way. With your experience and knowledge you are able to work closely with the team, yet on the other hand empowering them to “let them do their thing” without too much interference.
In this role you will report to the overall program manager and to the group manager Solution Engineering
- Clear sense of how to leverage your personality and experience to bring out the best in others and yourself.
- You will set the direction, provide energy and connect with your team
- Good interpersonal and customer handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical issue on a high level
- Program management skills (IPMA-C or D is a plus)
- Analytical and solution focused
- Has a relevant degree in one of the following subjects: electronic engineering, science, mathematics or science based subjects
- Experience in System Engineering
- High level of creativity, initiative, pragmatism and persuasiveness
- Affinity with project / products engineering
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Dutch (German is a plus)
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
Solution Engineering Manager
Within Naval Engineering, the department Naval System Engineering accounts for the complete development cycle of products and solutions: concept definition, system design, system integration and validation. The group Solution Engineering which is part of the Naval System Engineering department consists of people responsible for the design of complete ship-based solutions (sensors, actors, combat management systems, infrastructure).
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!