We are in search for an Antenna engineer. The development of modern phased array radars requires a multi-disciplinary approach in which the functional concept, the antenna, the electronics, and the electrical and cooling infrastructure are addressed simultaneously. In this multi-disciplinary team, the working area of the Antenna/RF Engineer consists of the development of new antenna and/or microwave concepts, introduction of new technologies and development of new antenna designs. Your work will cover the full spectrum of activities, from development to product realization, aiming to achieve high system performance combined with affordable cost levels. Furthermore, you should actively follow external developments in the relevant fields of interest.
You will be responsible for the antenna and microwave parts of the radar development process, in close cooperation with other disciplines (i.e., system designers, mechanical engineers and production technologists), often in an international environment. Several roles can be distinguished in this process, including concept development, detailed design or program management. You are encouraged to develop further in one of these directions, depending on personal interests.
- Academic level degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- experience of 5+ years in this domain
- Knowledge of antenna and microwave design.
- Creative and innovative mind.
- Enthusiastic and persistent personality.
- Academic skills mixed with mind setting for practical applications.
- Independent but not individual.
- Good communication skills.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and in writing.
- This job is highly suited to an enthusiastic professional with the ambition to innovate our radars within Thales Hengelo.
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. In a world that is increasingly fast-moving, unpredictable and full of opportunities, they come to us with big ambitions: to make life better and to keep you safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our employees design and deliver extraordinary high-tech solutions. With 68.000 talents working in 54 countries, 2000 employees are based in the Netherlands. We are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security.
We help our customers think smarter and act faster in the fields of transportation, defence , space, aerospace and cyberspace, mastering ever-greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. We are therefore leading the digital transformation, focusing on artificial intelligence, big-data & data analytics, connectivity, mobility and internet of things and cybersecurity.
In the Netherlands, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions, research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft) and research & development for serious gaming (in collaboration with the University of Twente).
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales in Twente! In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!