You initiate, carry out, and participate in research and consulting activities on geohealth. ITC emphasizes on research and consultancy in developing countries, where we have started a particular interest in the epidemiology of both contagious and non-contagious diseases, zoonosis and crop and soil health. Your research will be based on geoinformation science and you will apply and further develop methods in geohealth, focusing on diseases, hospitals and health programmes in a sustainable environment. You are able to discuss and find solutions for information acquisition and quality analysis emerging within ITC’s research and consulting projects. You will actively contribute to proposal writing for Dutch and European research programmes. You will supervise MSc and PhD students and participate in research and education activities with ITC’s partner institutes abroad. An important component of the position is to support the development of an MSc programme in health geographics together with other departments at the University of Twente. You will participate in national and international professional societies.
- You possess a PhD in the field of Geo-information Science with experience in health studies.
- You have experience in the geographical modelling of diseases in space and time, and/or geographical planning and policy issues related to health.
- You have demonstrated scientific creativity combined with a publishing record of acknowledged quality and a strong interest in developing cost effective solutions relevant to the large variety of problems.
- Preferably you have proven didactic skills and experience in teaching (e.g., a University Teacher Qualification certificate ‘BKO’ or equivalent), affinity with a multi-cultural, post-graduate education environment, and experience in international consulting and advising services. Candidates who do not already have a university teacher’s qualification will be supported to obtain one in the first three years.
- You are willing to undertake international travel.
We offer an inspiring and challenging international environment. You will be initially employed for a period of six years (Tenure Track position, starting as Assistant Professor 2 or 1), according to proven expertise and skills.
- Gross monthly salary between € 3637,- and € 5656,- depending on experience and qualifications (job profile Assistant Professor level 2 or 1).
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development.
- A solid pension scheme.
- Possibilities to save up holidays for sabbatical leave.
- Minimum of 41 holiday days in case of full-time employment.
- Professional and personal improvement programmes, including mentoring.
- A high degree of responsibility and independence, while collaborating with close colleagues, researchers and other university staff is strongly supported.
With the Head of Department, you will agree upon expected performance and personal development targets. You will receive formal feedback on performance and skills during annual assessment meetings and evaluations. If evaluated positively at the end of the Tenure Track, you will be appointed in a permanent position.
During your career, you will have the opportunity to develop into an internationally acknowledged and recognized academic. We offer a structured career and personal development program designed to offer individual academics as much support as possible.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universiteit Twente
The University of Twente. We stand for life sciences and technology. High tech and human touch. Education and research that matter. New technology which leads change, innovation and progress in society. The University of Twente is the only campus university of the Netherlands; divided over five faculties we provide more than fifty educational programmes. We have a strong focus on personal development and talented researchers are given scope for carrying out groundbreaking research.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Because of our diversity values we do particularly support women to apply.
The Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) of the University of Twente provides international postgraduate education, research and project services in the field of geo-information science and earth observation using remote sensing and GIS. The aim of ITC's activities is the international exchange of knowledge, focusing on capacity building and institutional development in developing countries and emerging economies.
Closing date: 30 August 2019
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!