As a System Designer Mechatronics you are involved within the complete lifecycle of both systems and products as during the production phase. You are the technical interface for VDL clients and set up requirements and specifications for the system and the development process. Important aspects are manufacturability, cost, reliability and technical performance. You also work on solving issues and work on various concepts where you use support of technical modeling and analysis to come to a solid plan.
Furthermore you are responsible for:
- Make design/interface choices, collaborate and set compromises with other disciplines (mechanical, software, electronics ed.);
- Module owner and therefore monitor system requirements;
- Modelling the system to provide the right sub requirements;
- Verification of technical plan of all disciplines;
- Collaborate and support with architects;
- Execute integration process (TPS/TAR);
- Issue management and finding the best solution;
- Hardware/Software interface development for ‘own’ and ‘third party’ modules;
- First point of contact for questions regarding production, integration and service;
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechatronics or Mechanical
- You have 5 to 10 years of experience and general knowledge of mechanics, electronics, mechatronics and software.
- As a person you are accurate, flexible and motivated to face challenges.
- Experience with rapid prototyping, servo control and/or Matlab is preferred.
- Good communication skills and proficient in English and preferably in Dutch.
- Team player, analytical, pragmatic, creative and pro-active.
- Good in time management and setting priorities.
- You are part of the international, industrial, family company, VDL Group.
- You work together in a professional way, a combination of product development and product realization in the same building and in an informal environment.
- Plenty of opportunities for personal development and work scope.
- Combination of product development and
- product realization in the same building
- Help to further develop the competences (Mechanics/ Electro/ Service/ Mechatronics/ Software)
- “No nonsense” mentality
- Take ownership/responsibility (can do, will do)
- Rather high level of autonomy
- Competitive terms of employment and great career opportunities.
Bedrijfsprofiel VDL Enabling Technologies Group
At VDL ETG Technology & Development machines are being developed, manufactured and assembled. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product. Think of automated milling machines, lathes, grinders, welding robots, laser cutters, etc.
VDL ETG T&D encysts of the following disciplines: mechanical, electrical, mechatronics and software. Out of these disciplines multidisciplinary project teams are assembled. These teams are responsible for the realization of challenging projects for leading international clients within the high-tech engineering (machine building). At this moment VDL ETG T&D is building a new ultra-modern production facility including associated offices for development and support departments.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of VDL in Twente! In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!