We are one of the leading online food-delivery platforms in Europe and are looking for Systems Engineer to join our multinational and multicultural IT organisation.
Your experience and enthusiasm will help us improve and increase the scalability of our systems, while (as a true subject-matter expert) you stay abreast of new technologies and evaluate their value for Takeaway.com, setting up and assessing proof of concepts and managing the integration. You proactively identify bottlenecks in the current system before they can cause a negative impact.
Your systems expertise means that you take on a mentor role for other (more junior) system administrators, helping them tackle issues they cannot solve on their own and proactively sharing your knowledge within the team. A fan of automation, you continuously review processes accordingly to spot additional ones that can be automated. Finally, you are willing to make yourself available approximately once a week to cover a standby shift in case of any calamities within our live environment.
A sample of the technologies we currently use:
- Our most widely used operating system is Debian 7
- Virtualization/Containers: libvirt/qemu/Docker/OpenStack
- BGP, OSPF
- IPSec, OpenVPN
- Monitoring: Zabbix,Graphite,Statsd,Graylog
- Web: Apache/Nginx/PHP/Java/NodeJS
- Fax/Foip/Voip: Hylafax/Freeswitch/Asterisk
- Databases: MySQL/Postgresql/MongoDB/Cassandra
- Demonstrated networks, routeing and Linux systems expertise
- Ample working experience in setting up systems, from hardware until the automatic deployment of HA- and/or cluster setups
- Ability to translate company needs into technical requirements, incorporating scalability and redundancy upon designing new systems
- As a seasoned systems expert, acting as a subject-matter expert and mentor to other (more junior) administrators comes easily to you
- You know how to communicate effectively and are proficient in both written and spoken English
- You approach your job with an open mind, both towards technologies as well as towards people
- You relish working in a team and enjoy collaborating and sharing knowledge with your peers
- You are persistent and resilient – the more difficult the challenge, the more motivated you are to sink your teeth into it
- You are relentlessly curious and demonstrate initiative to continuously improve yourself and us
- The freedom to go where no one in our company has gone before
- Work in a fast-growing company
- Being part of a professional and international team
- A competitive salary
- A passionate commitment to the use of open-source software – nobody owns code in our company!
- Custom work stations/laptops (Mac/Linux/PC)
- Internal as well as external schoolings and conferences
- Awesome team events
- Free drinks and fruits and several sporty benefits
Bedrijfsprofiel Takeaway.com Central Core B.V.
Takeaway.com is the leading food ordering website in Continental Europe, with a proven business model that provides an effective revenue stream for restaurants and convenience for consumers. Headquartered in Amsterdam and with established operations in 9 countries across Europe and Vietnam, our business has grown rapidly in recent years. With almost 50 million orders and double-digit growth we are the fastest growing player in many markets and still see a lot of untapped potential.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Takeaway.com in Twente! In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!