As Software Engineering Manager you will manage the EMEA software and data engineering group (6p) and lead them in the next era where we expand our activities into the Smart Home domain – Create Smarter Living.
The Global Software R&D team is focused on next generation control & connectivity platforms within the home ecosystem. As a member of this global team, you will be involved in every aspect of design and implementation efforts (embedded software development, customer integration, proof of concept, data analytics and insights, field tests and data capture).
You are responsible for leading a cross-functional team of embedded software developers, and data analysts in the day to day activities of new research & development in collaboration with the global team, and ongoing product and customer support needs for the region.
The role will help in translating customer needs into guidelines for the development of roadmap in order to create unique data-driven product offerings.
Main tasks & responsibilities
- Engage with strategic customers to define highly optimized solutions, managing the full SDLC of the software product offering.
- Drive multiple designs from concept through realization (hands-on in every aspect of the process).
- As per the requirements of the global product team, expand strategical data and software assets through a combination of in-field data development, research, and market outreach.
- Manage Engineering and Project/Product Management, Sprint planning, etc.
- Assist sales in translating product and software specifications.
- Give support to advanced product RFQs.
- Train global Application Engineering team on technology solutions.
- Self-motivated & a Leader, Innovative and a passion for results.
- Bachelor in electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent and multiple years of experience (MSc or PhD preferred).
- Have built and lead high-performance agile development teams.
- Experience in or knowledge of Embedded Linux Systems & Wireless Communications, Android, iOS, C/C++, Human-Machine Interactions, etc.
- Experience with cloud service integration with embedded systems, data analytics, data visualization tools.
- Knowledge of Integration with cloud services and Restful APIs, AI systems and machine learning is a plus.
- Experience with video delivery and/or smart home technologies and products.
- Full product life-cycle ownership from concept to production for internal product concepts to external customer-driven designs.
- Experience with wireless communication standards, e.g. Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart, Zigbee, Thread, Wi-Fi.
- Willingness to travel internationally (20%).
Experience in the following areas a strong plus:
- IoT Landscape and relevant technologies.
- Algorithm Development, Optimization, Wireless Communication Protocols, Virtual Machine, Compression, Image processing, Voice Recognition.
- Infrared, Z-Wave, Zigbee, RF4CE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, IPv6, TCP, UDP, HTTP, 6lowPAN, HDMI, CEC, EDID, OCAP, UPnP, DLNA, IPTV, connected TV.
As Software Engineering Manager – you are part of a global organization – a team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, engineers and designers. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges.
UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop oneself and grow throughout the global organization.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universal Electronics
Universal Electronics (UEI) - world leader in sense and control technology for the smart home. UEI’s embedded software, hardware and cloud services provide intelligence to seamlessly control and interact with an expanding list of home entertainment and smart home electronics. Every year UEI pushes the boundaries of what control is and what it is able to do by developing and applying emerging technologies. UEI continues to earn its status as the innovative leader with the largest and most comprehensive intellectual property portfolio in the industry. We have led the way in deploying tens of millions of control solutions that feature voice, touch and motion control as well as the advanced connectivity solutions featuring Zigbee®, RF4CE, Bluetooth® smart and Wi-Fi® communication protocols. Our business segments Universal Electronics Inc. develops control and sensing technology solutions and manufactures a broad line of remote control products, sensors, embedded hardware and software that enhance and simplify the home entertainment and smart home experience. Our offerings include: • Standard and advanced remote control products featuring radio frequency and infrared technologies with Voice, Touch and Motion sensing interfaces that are sold to subscription broadcasting providers (Cable, Satellite and IPTV), other service providers, OEM, retailers and private label customers. • State-of-the-art Integrated Circuits on which our software and universal device control database is embedded and intellectual property is sold to OEM, Multi Service Provider and private label customers. • Software, firmware and technology solutions that can enable devices such as TV’s, set-top boxes, smart phones, tablets, gaming controllers, Smart Home hubs, and other consumer electronic devices to wirelessly set-up, connect and interact with home networks. • Smart Home sensor, security and climate control product and technologies for HVAC, home appliance, IoT, and pro-security verticals. • Audio Video and Smart Home accessories sold, directly and indirectly, to consumers.
Via onderstaande sollicitatie button komt u terecht op de site van Universal Electronics. Mocht de vacaturelink niet meer werken, dan is de vacature verlopen en kunt u niet meer solliciteren. Wij proberen uiteraard ons vacaturebestand zo actueel mogelijk te houden, wilt u ons daarmee helpen en ons berichten als een link niet meer werkt?
7521 PT ENSCHEDE 053 - 4888 000