As a Sales Expert Services You actively participate in the sales process and ensure that services are brought under contract in such a way that the services meet the requirements set out in a statement of work and / or in consultation form external customer. Quality, on-time delivery, delivery reliability, the right conditions, minimized risks and the correct pricing play an important role in this. You work closely with the internal stakeholders (sales manager, capture leaders) and you maintain close relationships with customers in coordination with the account responsible. You know how to make connections and bridge differences. You proactively look for ways to make customer knowledge and understanding available for the development and innovation of Thales services. From a positively critical attitude you contribute to further professionalization and the transformation to a strategic, high impact and high performance sales organization
you are responsible for supporting and advising the Sales Managers within the CAT and the Local Support Centers with regard to Services. You’re the one with special interest and knowledge of Services and you’ll be cooperating with the Sales Managers in order to serve our customers by:
- Cooperating in setting up Service Proposals and Contracts;
- Supporting during technical discussions with our clients;
- Making an essential contribution to the service OI and Customer satisfaction objectives of the CAT
- Building and developing long-term, external business relations, under the responsibility of the Sales.
- Supporting and advising our Customer Contact Center on services related issues;
- Supporting world wide Local Support Centers
- Managing standard small service contracts (Service Delivery manager role).
- Supporting the Customer Contact Center in organizing responses to more complex technical queries.
- Incident management: Clarifying issues with customers/end users, exploring solutions and developing them into contractual agreements with T&Cs compatible with our product lifecycle management policies (e.g. ‘best effort’ for products in End of Support phase).
- In collaboration with the PTs (i.e. Service Design Architects and Service Portfolio Managers) designing service solutions for customers and developing them into contracts.
The candidate we’re looking for understands the importance of services and strongly believes in its added value. You have a strong personality and you’ll be happy to challenge your colleagues in the best solution. You have the ambition to create something and to become a specialist in selling services. Besides that, you have the potential to become one of our high end Sales Managers. Even though, you’re willing to start from the beginning and will not get frustrated from mainly working from your desk in Hengelo. You’re a specialist on the field of Services, both products as concepts.
- Bachelor/master degree in a technical direction;
- Technical knowledge of Thales Nederland CMS and sensors;
- Work experience in an international, technical oriented company;
- Strong in commercial thinking;
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing;
- Willing to travel a few times a year;
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award,2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
- Excellent work conditions, with 40 holidays a year, among other benefits.
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. In a world that is increasingly fast-moving, unpredictable and full of opportunities, they come to us with big ambitions: to make life better and to keep you safer. Combining a unique diversity of expertise, talents and cultures, our employees design and deliver extraordinary high-tech solutions. With 68.000 talents working in 54 countries, 2000 employees are based in the Netherlands. We are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security.
We help our customers think smarter and act faster in the fields of transportation, defense , space, aerospace and cyberspace, mastering ever-greater complexity and every decisive moment along the way. We are therefore leading the digital transformation, focusing on artificial intelligence, big-data & data analytics, connectivity, mobility and internet of things and cybersecurity.
In the Netherlands, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions, research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft) and research & development for serious gaming (in collaboration with the University of Twente).
Thales Nederland’s Sales Department is responsible for order intake and business development. Both Sales Managers and Projects Managers, among others, are working in Customer Account Teams (CAT). The Customer Contact Center (CCC) is in charge of coordinating all technical support our customers
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the company Thales in Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!