The Customer Quality Engineer supports strategic customer accounts with direct customer interface to drive quality improvement, responding to customer issues with crisp communication, and providing strong problem resolution. Responsible for maintaining customer contacts regarding all quality related activities during product development, product release, production start and series production. Coordinate analysis of products in response to customer complaints, initiating rapid corrective measures and the establishment of permanent corrective actions to improve processes, service and products.
- Analyze, solve and control complex production quality problems on time to meet the customer requirements
- Handles Production Part Approval Process and provide documents to customer
- Conducts measurement system analysis and statistical process control for key processes
- Ensures a smooth and timely launch of new and changed products
- Handles customer returns and uses Sensata tools to provide frequent status updates to affected customers
- Works effectively with test, design, product and planning engineers, regional quality engineers, regional planners, regional technical sales representatives and marketing representatives to solve customer challenges and provide answers
- Coordinates project teams to ensure a successful launch of new products. It should be made clear what the customer expects and in detail elaborated how this can be achieved. After this process monitoring should take place on correct implementation
- Initiating improvement proposals serving cost of quality, turnaround time and quality of production
- May partner with line quality engineers and management teams in Layered Process Audits and internal audits. These audits ensure that manufacturing practices are followed
- Train and manage technicians and inspectors to make sure corrective actions implemented and operators follow-up
- Establish and follow procedure for control on non-conforming parts in production
- Handles all aspects of quality and continuous improvement across various customer groups
- Initiate improvement proposals serving cost of quality, turnaround time and quality of production
- Assisting clients during audits with the aim to come to a production release
- Demonstrate full ownership of product quality by driving all relevant functions towards 100% robustness in meeting specifications/performance requirements
- Facilitate risk management process in compliance to appropriate external standards and corporate policies
- Develop a customer satisfaction plan. Turn "voice of the customer" into user needs and quality goals
- Develop a strategy to manage specific customer accounts
- Handles customer quality issue resolution
- Work with customers to understand their specific requirements and then draft plans to fully satisfy their requirements
- Perform risk assessments
- Set quality goals and improvement plans
- Document and work with lessons learned
- Review Control Plans and improve as needed
- Develop a customer satisfaction plan
- Work with Production sites to drive manufacturing improvements
- Analyze data to identify concerns and respond to customers
- Perform warranty analysis and identify trends
- Strong Communication and social skills in order to be the intermediary between our clients and our production plants particular in Bulgaria, Mexico, Malaysia and China
- Develop corrective action management for customer issues
Experience / Qualifications
- A university degree and 4-6 years of experience (i.e. Bachelors degree) or a graduate degree and 2-4 years of experience (i.e. Masters degree) or a higher level degree and 0-2 years of experience (i.e. Doctorate degree)
- Must be a team player able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
Bedrijfsprofiel Sensata Technologies Holland BV
Our vision is to be a world leader in mission-critical sensing and electrical protection while satisfying the world’s growing need for safety, efficiency and a clean environment and being a partner, employer and neighbor of choice. Our sensors are the fundamental building blocks needed for a smart, connected, electrified and, ultimately, autonomous world.
Sensing is what we do.
In fact, our name Sensata comes from the Latin word sensate for ‘those gifted with sense’. Our focus on sensing is also reflected in our logo, which spells Sensata in Braille.
Sensata Technologies is a world leader and early innovator in mission-critical sensors and controls designed to make the world cleaner, safer and more efficient. Mission-critical means products that are essential and difficult to do. You’ll find our 47,000 unique products in many applications – anywhere from automotive braking systems to aircraft flight controls.
Sensata devices are in systems that protect people and the environment, so what we do matters. We take pride in knowing our technologies improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Sensata. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7559 SP HENGELO 074 - 3578 000