The Tax Manager will be primarily responsible for managing our European tax function and will operate physically separate from the main tax group, seated in the US. The candidate’s organizational and communication skills must demonstrate an ability to balance between remote collaboration and independent action.
Day-to-day comprises managing European income tax audits, compliance and critical thinking. Expectations include general support of the global tax function, primary responsibility for European tax matters and regular interaction with local controllers. The candidate will have regular interaction with external service providers and the authority to manage and control their work streams.
- Manage a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
- Identify and mitigate tax risks
- Manage the implementation of the organization's tax strategy to optimize the amount of tax the company pays and ensure it complies with all relevant local and international tax laws and regulations
- Manage tax-related activities in accordance with the tax strategy to ensure the organization meets its tax obligations and objectives
- Manage activities, policies, practices, and transactions to ensure they comply with all relevant laws and regulations
- Ensure all tax returns, tax declarations, and other required reports are submitted accurately and on time
- Other activities may include: tax planning; research; compliance; reporting and filings; auditing; and communicating with external tax agencies
- Manage a team to ensure the organization's tax strategy is implemented accurately and consistently and in compliance with all relevant regulations, laws and standards
- A university degree and 7-10 years of experience
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop team members
- Holds self and others accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
Candidate needs to demonstrate familiarity with internal leverage structures and interest destructibility restrictions. Additionally, understanding of local patent box rules and application to an manufacturing/engineering multinational corporation is necessary. Oracle or other ERP experience necessary. Fluency in Dutch, English and German required. Knowledge of French a plus.
Bedrijfsprofiel Sensata Technologies Holland BV
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Sensata. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!