- Writing and judging technical product specifications.
- Developing the products with the help of simulation tools.
- Creating schematics and development of PCB layouts with the help of EDA systems.
- Participating in product reviews with the end customer.
- Initiation of FMEA (D)FMEA and (P)FMEA sessions.
- Perform and plan EMC test requirements and agency approvals (CE, UL, CSA CCC).
- Control of the prototype and pre-series of the developed product.
- Assisting in the calculation of product target prices together with New Business Development.
- With the assigned engineer, creation of the product documents (TPD, Sustaining close cooperation with sales and purchasing for the products).
- Support and coach fellow design engineers with their products (reviews, technical assistance).
- Investigate and introduce new, or existing, technological developments to existing products and production processes to improve and / or develop new products.
- Developing and improving new concepts and directing project teams for the product development and manufacturing.
- Support the Sales department with the introduction of new products.
- Commit to the R&D development process descriptions, work instructions and operating instructions
Technical Bachelor degree/University Master’s.
- 10+ years Research & Development experience in multiple categories and/or R&D functions.
- Fluency in speaking, reading and writing in Dutch and English.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Demonstrated ability to perform in high pressure and high ambiguity environments and still be able to make the correct decisions while maintaining focus on customer goals and relationships.
- Computer skills, including Simulation and design tools, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and strong communication and interpersonal skills
A work place with enthusiastic colleagues, high-tech products that require the best design and latest technology. On time, within budget, development and release of products for energy conversion based on static power conversion topologies. This static power conversion comprises AC to DC, DC to DC, DC to AC and AC to AC converters in the range of several tens of Watts to several Kilo Watts.
We offer you the opportunity to work in close contact with a senior Design engineer as “training on the job” in an innovative an well-equipped professional environment, whichis part of a large, successful company with an excellent reputation. You will join a team of well-motivated colleagues and will have a lot of international contacts.
Bedrijfsprofiel PBF Group B.V.
PBF Group B.V. is an international company with locations in Almelo and Cluj, with customers all around the globe, specialized in Switched mode power supplies and higher level power solutions. The R&D teams of PBF in Almelo and Cluj develops the power supplies in-house including SMT & THT prototyping. In close collaboration with customers PBF develops concept solutions for specific high level applications. These concepts are subsequently translated into concrete products, integrating electrical engineering, electronics, mechanical constructions and software. These range from unpretentious to complex systems, depending on the demands and specifications given by the customer. PBF is a first tier development and production partner.
PBF is a fast growing company which is strongly driven by technological innovation. This leads to state of the art design solutions which are beneficial for our customers. Also for this reason companies like Philips, Bosch, Thales, FEI Electron Optics and Coherent made their choice for PBF. PBF is located in the entire power spectrum of a few Watts to tens of kW, of a few volts to tens of kV and from Nano amperes to tens of kA. PBF Group BV emanated from Philips Electronics NV through a Management Buy Out in 1999. Since 2011 PBF Group BV is 100 % daughter of SFC Energy AF. SFC Energy AG is market leader in fuel cell technologies, located in Munchen, Germany. The share of SFC Energy AG is located on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the company. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!