- Operational: Together with your team, you are responsible for all translations in the field(s) the team works for. You also keep an eye on deadlines, quality expectations and costs, and look for ways to optimize efficiency.
- Team management: You set clear expectations and goals for your team that are in line with company goals and you support your team in achieving these goals with regular feedback, training plans, coaching and 1-to-1’s.
- Recruitment: You actively contribute to recruitment procedures, both for in-house colleagues and external freelancers.
- Functional: You proactively and constructively work together with different departments and colleagues to improve end-to-end results. You contribute to an environment that is both customer- and innovation-oriented. You stay on top of relevant developments within AI and other technology areas, and you know how to effectively use these in your day-to-day work.
- Linguistic: Your linguistic (and translation) skills are high enough for you to professionally review translations and offer suggestions for improvement where necessary. When asked, you offer linguistic feedback on Dutch texts or the Dutch language for colleagues in other departments.
- A relevant education at HBO or university level and/or relevant practical experience in translation and management
- You’re good at scheduling, maintaining an overview, and responding to changes
- You can work with technology in an efficient and flexible way
- Your command of the Dutch and English languages is excellent
- You’re a real team player and enjoy supporting others in their development
- You approach problems in a constructive and positive way
- You live no more than 1 hour’s travel from our Hengelo office or are willing to move closer
- A full-time position for 40 hours a week in-house at the Hengelo office, which is right next to Hengelo’s main train station
- Flexible working hours
- The possibility of a permanent employment contract in the future
- A competitive salary with excellent career opportunities
- Participation in the pension plan
- The opportunity to work on the newest products for well-known global brands
- A warm, casual working environment with local and international colleagues
- A Nintendo Switch in the lunchroom
In addition to a face-to-face meeting, the process also includes a translation/linguistic test and a personality test.
Bedrijfsprofiel SDL Nederland Holding B.V.
The world changes every day. Companies look for the most efficient way to present and launch their products — in a way that is relevant in every target country and fast enough to beat their competitors. This requires a combination of powerful technology and human communication.
SDL has been an international frontrunner in translation services, translation technology and content management for over 25 years. Over 90 of the 100 biggest global brands use our technology and services to offer relevant digital customer experiences through websites, software, online support, manuals, e-learning, product descriptions, marketing brochures, ad campaigns, packaging, and more.
Our organization employs over 4000 people, spread across 59 offices in 39 countries in Europe, the Americas and Asia. We work for nearly all the big multinationals and are the global frontrunner in translation technology with our Trados Studio software.
At SDL Netherlands in Hengelo, our team consists of around 60 people, including more than 40 language specialists in our Language Office who work closely with their colleagues around the world. Our most important fields are: IT, life sciences, travel, retail, manufacturing, automotive and finance.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of SDL. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!