- Translating and post-editing texts into Dutch
- Editing and proofing translations provided by in-house colleagues as well as qualified external vendors
- Managing localization projects, which includes providing linguistic support to project managers and other colleagues
- Delivering quality according to our standard procedures and contributing to continuous development of the same
You have native-level proficiency in Dutch. You have either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in translation or a relevant second language (English, German, or French), or several years of experience as an author/translator in one of our subject matter fields. You will translate content from English; ability to work from German and/or French would be an additional asset. You can work efficiently and are a swift multitasker. You communicate effortlessly in both Dutch and English. You are computer proficient and quick on the uptake with new tools and applications. You have a good eye for detail, you are well organized and you can cope well with daily stress.
- A full-time position (40 hours per week) at our Hengelo site, located adjacent to the Hengelo train station
- Flexible working hours
- Temporary contract with realistic prospects toward a permanent contract upon proven suitability
- Compensation in line with market standards, with solid growth opportunities
- Participation in retirement plan
- Quick start possible and negotiable
- Informal and fun work environment with an international focus
- A job at a dynamic, multinational company
Please include a cover letter in Dutch with your application.
The application process includes a test translation and an on-site interview.
Bedrijfsprofiel SDL Nederland Holding B.V.
The digital world and human communications are evolving. Multiple technologies and possibilities are at play. What is relevant for one customer in one region may be completely irrelevant to another in a different part of the world. So how do companies embrace that challenge?
For more than 25 years, SDL has been on the forefront of translation technology and services. We have more than 1,500 enterprise customers, 400 partners and a global infrastructure of 59 offices in 39 countries. The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. We translate marketing content, manuals, software, and websites for many large multinationals, and we are a global leader in translation technology.
SDL Netherlands (Language Office) in Hengelo employs about 40 linguists who translate into Dutch. We are looking to enrich our in-house team with eager translators who like to work in a fast-paced environment. Our main subject areas include IT/consumer electronics, software localization, travel/retail, manufacturing/automotive and medical/life sciences. We offer an informal business-to-business work environment.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of University Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!