The Smart Home / IOT Sales Director is responsible for developing new business channels for Universals Smart Home solutions as well as working with Sales Directors for opportunities with current customers across the EMEA / India / SE Asia and Oceania regions.
This sales director is responsible for the turnover as agreed in the annual sales budget i.e. budget plan as well as the budgeted design-wins / NPI projects and delivering these NPI’s to market. Additionally this role will involve representing Universal Electronics at trade shows and conferences where this individual has to manage the relation between Universal Electronics and his/her customers. The key parts of the role will be acquiring new customers within the assigned territories and working closely with other Sales Directors.
The Regional Sales Director reports directly to the VP Sales B2B EMEA & India
- Defining the specific sales and marketing, i.e. business planning on how to grow the sales and market position in both existing as new verticals.
- Selling new product or technology concepts (tier one or two customers) as well as off-the-shelf platform products (tier three customers) to operators and/or Smart Home / IoT vendors within the territory.
- Defining the total and addressable market potential within the specific regions and verticals.
- Setting ambitious yet realistic strategic goals and objectives for the regions.
- Defining the clear organizational resources requirements to deliver upon these goals and objectives within the agreed time span.
- Managing the sales funnel (Prospecting, Qualifying, Positioning, Closing) to ensure ongoing flow of design-wins (ie projects/NPI’s)
- Maintaining or organizing multi-stakeholder relationships between UEI representatives and the customer at various levels (eg. executive, technology, engineering, product, service, procurement).
- Understanding the customers DNA, gaining an inside coach / promoter, knowing our competitive position as well as our account and project specific strategy to secure wining the right level and amount of projects/deals.
- Maintain contacts with complementary strategic partners towards our customer to improve our understanding inside the account and inside the project.
- Bachelor / master degree in engineering and/or business.
- Good technical grounding on key technologies in the Smart Home / IOT Space.
- Proven track record in Sales and / or Business Development .
- 5+ years of international sales experience in a comparable position.
- Technical understanding and/or affinity to Software/Electronics/Telecommunications.
- Proven track record of mastering the integrated / strategic sales process.
- Strategic thinking, entrepreneurial, networker, maintaining relationships, customer and result oriented.
- Location: Home office in UK or Netherlands or from office in Enschede, NL.
Be part of a team that has a true passion for innovation and technology. Those passions resonate worldwide throughout all of UEI’s locations with talented innovators, engineers and designers. Working with biggest Broadcasters (Sky, Vodafone, LGI, Orange, etc.) and Integrators (Sagemcom, Technicolor, etc.) in Europe, middle East, India and South Africa. Team members are focused on improving the user experience while solving industry and consumer challenges. UEI offers talent the opportunity to develop oneself and grow both horizontal or vertically throughout the global organization.
Bedrijfsprofiel Universal Electronics
Universal Electronics (UEI) is an innovative world leader in sense and control technology for the smart home. Our vision is beyond the connected home, a smarter home where technology is our friend.
UEI’s embedded software, hardware and cloud services provide intelligence to seamlessly control and interact with an expanding list of home entertainment and smart home electronics. We design & developed an extraordinary number of products for the connected home, backed by a complete ecosystem of data driven software solutions & cloud services for connected devices from leading brands in mobile, gaming and consumer electronics segments. In January 2019 we introduced a digital assistant platform for the smart home environment.
From our European HQ in Enschede we with major OEM’s for STB’s OTT’s, mobile phones, tablets, TVs, and other consumer electronics products in EMEA.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the Universal Electronics in Twente! In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7521 PT ENSCHEDE 053 - 4888 000