Sensata is seeking a Regional Quality Director for our Europe Region. This individual will report directly to the Sr. Director of Global Quality and will lead Operations Quality (in manufacturing sites), Customer Quality, and Supplier Quality in Europe.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead Operations Quality (in manufacturing sites), Customer Quality, and Supplier Quality organizations within the local region
- Support Sensata’s Transformation to a Zero Defect Quality Mindset by translating strategies into goals and executable actions for areas of responsibility
- Drive continuous quality improvement in both high volume manufacturing and high mix/low volume environments as well
- Support all of Sensata’s business interests in the region; Automotive, Aerospace, HVOR, Industrial, and Controls
- Drive effective collaboration with the regional Business Center(s) to insure we are properly servicing our customers (internal and external) to deliver expected responsiveness and avoid escalations
- Work closely with Business Center New Product Development Quality teams to ensure new products launch on time while meeting the stated quality goals for the program. Improve handoff from development into serial production.
- Manage regional quality budgets to insure we are delivering Quality support at a cost within the committed annual plan
- Ensure organizations are complying with Sensata’s Quality Management System
- Develop his/her reports to take on increased responsibility, improve performance, and work more autonomously
- Support customer and supplier quality related issues and escalations
- Has a minimum of a Bachelor’s level degree in a technical area, preferably engineering with at least 10 years of applicable experience. A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Has at least 5 years of experience leading both local and remote teams in the respective region
- Possesses excellent leadership and organizational skills with prior experience leading managers, engineers, technicians, and operators
- Has the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other departments
- Demonstrated a track record of driving continuous quality improvement (examples reduce PPM, customer events, cost of quality, etc.) in a dynamic manufacturing environment
- Understands Quality System requirements such as IATF16949, AS9000, ISO9000 and has proficiency with APQP tools such as PFMEA, Control Plans, MSA, PPAP, etc.
- Has a functional knowledge of Six Sigma methodology and associated root cause analysis tools such as 5-Why analysis, A3, PCDA, fishbone diagrams, is/is not analysis, etc.
- Able to communicate technical information effectively both in writing and verbally to all levels in the organization
- Maintains composure in challenging situations
- Willing to travel approximately 25% - 35% of the time to meet with customers, suppliers, and teams in remote locations as needed
*As this role is a regional role, we will considered applicants at other sites within the region.
Bedrijfsprofiel Sensata Technologies Holland BV
Sensata Technologies is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. Sensata's products improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day in automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine applications.
We are a rapidly growing company with $3.3 billion in annual revenues, operations and business centers in 12 countries and more than 22,000 employees worldwide, including 900 people in mostly engineering, business development and corporate support roles at our U.S. headquarters in Attleboro, MA.
We pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the company. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.