As Project Engineer, you will work independently within one of the project teams that is part of our engineering department.
Within the project team, you will be responsible for developing special-purpose mechanical systems on behalf of various customers in various industries such as the renewables-, oil and gas, petrochemical and lifting insustry. The position is an autonomous position in which you will be involved in and responsible for the entire process from specification drafting to customer delivery. This involves supervising manufacture of the special-purpose tools that you design and implementation of projects as a whole. Systems have short lead times in terms of design and implementation – often only a few months between initial enquiry and final delivery.
Projects principally involve custom engineered equipment for on- and offshore application. The position is an office-based position at our offices in Oldenzaal (NL). Based on your own judgement, you will be expected to make short working visits to sites in the Netherlands, as well as to overseas locations such as Stavanger, San Francisco or on board vessels. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the entire project is approved and certified by a recognized body such as Lloyd’s. Among other things, this entails that you obtain approval for the design and calculations, as well as for proper manufacturing processes and final equipment testing. You will be a member of a team that is one of the best in its field. It should also be your ambition to become one of the best in your field.
- mechanical engineering qualifications at a higher educational level [HTS Werktuigbouwkunde];
- at least five years’ experience as a designer;
- solid expertise and experience with 3D CAD systems, preferably SolidWorks;
- practical attitude and approach aimed at achieving the best possible customer solution.
You should also be:
- flexible, committed and customer-oriented;
- commercially minded, motivated and results-oriented;
- preferably familiar with FEM methods.
- an independent position with substance, scope for personal development and good career prospects;
- a good salary and benefits that you can structure yourself;
- flexible working hours, a profit-share scheme and options to structure your own pension;
- an option to receive a permanent contract with a growing company with a pleasant, informal working atmosphere.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of KenC Engineering B.V.. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!