The Product Launch Manager oversees, coordinates and manages the launch of a product from the start of engineering until the product has been successfully up for sale for several months. She/he acts as a coordinator between Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Launch Customers to ensure timelines and a synchronized and successful market introduction. The Launch Manager reports to the Head of Sales and Marketing.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Create, implement and communicate product launch plans, taking into account all aspects of a product launch, including but not limited to: marketing programs, technical product aspects (product readiness), deployment into IT systems (eg. Salesforce and financial systems), sales preparation and training, customer support readiness.
- Drive the product introduction teams to develop solid and detailed product introduction plans.
- Drive the launch preparation across all milestones, and track & report progress to the stakeholders.
- Capture and synthesize early launch feedback into product management (VoC). Direct teams to achieve overall launch customer satisfaction.
- Anticipate and resolve issues across multiple teams, e.g. capacity and timing constraints, explore contingencies and provide escalation management throughout the launch project.
- Make sure 3rd parties such as Communication & PR agencies and trade show management are properly engaged by working closely with the marketing communication team.
- Perform conflict resolution, priority setting and risk assessment.
- Chair the Market Introduction Meeting and participate in product creation teams.
- Organize cross functional launch evaluations and recommend improvements for future launches.
Competencies & Skills
- Thorough understanding of the (inter)relationships between product creation and launch.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and people skills.
- Leads across multiple disciplinary teams to solve problems.
- Analytical Skills: able to identify and address problems & opportunities.
- Judgment, decision making, consistent logic, rational and objective.
- Ability to multi-task, handle diversity and provide leadership through problem resolution.
- Strong natural customer focus and customer service skills.
- Strong organization, time management, and planning skills. Good communicator.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Business Administration, Science or Engineering is preferred, though strong candidates with other degrees will be considered.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a combination of Sales, Product Management and Marketing, preferably in an international technology industry setting.
- Solid Project Management capabilities.
- Intuitive feeling of product positioning and placement: the right way to go to market, and the outside-in capability to assess whether a product and value proposition are complete.
- Affinity with technology products.
- Ability to travel worldwide up to 20% of time
We offer you a position in an innovative, ambitious and international company. Our team can be characterized as spontaneous and driven, with a passion for technology and a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment. The informal culture allows for personal input, growth and development.
Bedrijfsprofiel Xsens Technologies B.V.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Xsens. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!