As a Quotation Engineer, you will provide quotations for general and customized products for our clients worldwide with a focus within the Europe Middle East and Africa region. Your role will be to analyse, calculate and deliver quotations in line with customer specifications, procedures and guidelines and to work with our internal and external customers globally. You will be the expert for the Quotation part but will be supported by your colleague Application Engineer who is able to provide additional advice/expertise on the Application part in case of client specific requests not being standard.
You will work within the Quotation Team and will report to the Quotation Teamleader who reports into the Manager Pre-Order & Product-Line Director Systems.
Your main duties :
- Interpreting and analysing customer requests for quotations, searching for relevant information and working with our internal engineering, sales and marketing teams
- Specifying, calculating and preparing quotations according to company's standard procedures
- Working with different internal expert teams and external customers
- Understanding the market trends and the competition offering
- Applying knowledge of Eaton products (Medium Voltage systems) and understanding of distribution networks, plant front-end scheduling, engineering and manufacturing process and equipment cycle time
Maintaining existing customer relationship and building new ones
Providing technical advice and support
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of work experience in electrical engineering sales, marketing/ product marketing or technical support/design role.
- Technical knowledge of Medium Voltage systems.
- Strong commercial, negotiations skills.
- Strong organizational, presentation, communication and time management skills, results driven.
- Ability to work within an international, culturally diverse and matrix based organisation.
- Advanced IT skills (Microsoft Office and, ideally, Vista and/or BidManager).
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Strong language capability Dutch and English.
- Eaton leadership competences being passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent, ethical and a learner.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company.
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team.
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible.
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us.
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Our Hengelo site employs around 600 people excluding our temporary staff. Our product portfolio covers medium voltage and low voltage systems & services for switching, distributing and protecting electrical energy for a data-centre, hospital, heavy industry or oil & gas platform.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!