Pentair is currently seeking Lead Architect to drive the unified IoT architecture in the F&B Business Unit. This role is responsible for defining the IoT technical architecture, security, data and deployment model. This role will be driving the POCs (proof of concepts), MVPs (minimum viable products) as well as the technical architecture for large scale rollouts from the devices up through cloud architecture. This individual must be well-versed in the latest technologies in IoT & Digital space including AI, ML, AR/VR and be capable of applying them to develop innovative solutions.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Lead and develop the unified IoT architecture for Smart Products.
- Technical responsibility to drive POCs, MVPs and scaled IoT solutions.
- Responsibility of defining the architecture, security, data and deployment model.
- Provide technical leadership and collaborate with Business Segment technology team leaders to address the complete Smart products and IoT solutions technology stack:
- Hardware/Device Layer
- Connectivity Layer & impact on FW
- Cloud Server Side Architecture
- Data Modelling / Collection / Analytics
- Web and Mobile App Development
- Integration with Enterprise systems
- Demonstrate sound technical judgement and play a critical role as the main technical authority (lead SME – subject matter expert) on all IoT architecture and support the development of the long-term F&B Business Unit strategy.
- Responsible for evaluating competitive products, developing differentiated offerings, and generating Intellectual Property (IP) benefitting the company.
- Hands-on experience to mentor team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Master’s degree highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in technical architecture.
- Deep knowledge and experience with Amazon Web Service Infrastructure and Platform as a Service tools; Using primarily Python and TypeScript. Certification is a plus.
- Can-do positive attitude, always looking to accelerate development.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial attitude; stays up to speed on all the latest technologies and industry trends; healthy curiosity to evaluate, understand and utilize new technologies.
- Ability to lead team of creative engineers and motivate them to come up with innovative solutions.
- Handled security implementation across technical layers. GDPR compliance experience preferred.
- Experience in cost analysis and cost optimization of IoT platform services.
- Experience in Machine Learning & data modeling and Industry 4.0 preferred.
- Experience in designing the HA Architecture and DC-DR setup.
- Experience in Agile software development (Jira platform).
- Excellent command of written and spoken Dutch and English.
- To being able to deal with different people (styles) and cultures, experience in collaborating with global technology teams is a plus.
- Willingness to travel several times a year to other Pentair locations, congresses / exhibitions and customers. Travelling both nationally and internationally.
Bedrijfsprofiel Pentair Water Process Technology
In an increasingly competitive marketplace that has seen the consumption of beverages grow rapidly, producers must have highly flexible and sustainable processes. Pentair helps its partners & customers meet these challenges with its advanced Food & Beverage products, technologies and services. With strong brands like Haffmans, Südmo and Pentair.
The F&B business unit has identified IoT as one of the most important pillars for achieving future success. The possibilities and benefit for our partners & customers are enormous. Think of self-adapting machines & processes, prescriptive maintenance software, augmented- and virtual reality based services & IoT enabled valves and measuring equipment.
The IoT team in Enschede consists of five highly motivated people supported by global & external teams. Each team member has his own technical expertise. The IoT team can be described as ambitious, open, young and driven to achieve success. Because of the strong business growth and changed responsibility, we are looking for expansion.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Pentair. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7547TC ENSCHEDE 053-4287000