As a Product Design Engineer at Micronit, you work in customer focused development of microfluidic functionalities, interfacing methods and or test and assembly systems.
Within Micronit, product and process development is executed according to our Stage-Gate Model. Your core activities are devoted to a first-time right design by engineering and documenting clear product definitions and prove feasibility together with your engineering colleagues. Your strong inter-personal skills will help you to understand the voice of the customer and translate the critical requirements to feasible and measurable specifications in workshops together with the customer. During the design stages you are in the lead of the technical work package leading to an optimal design for manufacturing in our cleanroom and labs.
After the feasibility is proven the product realization stage will make sure the functionalities and components are manufacturable or supplied by an approved supplier to ensure compliancy with the medical regulations. Together with your colleagues you will efficiently integrate all the components into an alpha, beta and consumer product that is ready for the market and help people age healthy.
- Delivering a suitable design that’s manufacturable
- Customer satisfactory
- Understand key parameters which are Critical To Quality (CTQ)
- Supporting the required transfer of the products and related processes to the production department
- Keeping all stakeholders up-to-date
- Keeping relevant own knowledge up to date
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in in a relevant discipline (micro technology, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, biomedical engineering or physics)
- Experience with customer related projects and product development is a plus. Experience in product engineering, product development, microfluidics, microfabrication and or MEMS is preferred
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processing techniques (glass, silicon and polymer based)
- Familiar with medical appliances, microfluidics, microfabrication, MEMS is preferred
- Experienced with 2D and 3D CAD software
- Experience in programming is preferred
- English and preferably Dutch (oral and written)
- Good communication skills
- Structured and disciplined worker
- Good analytical capabilities
- Accurate and precise
- Ambition to grow as engineer and strive for success together with your colleagues
In addition to a challenging job, Micronit offers plenty of opportunities for further development and growth within a company with very interesting technology. The current position is available immediately.
Bedrijfsprofiel Micronit Microtechnologies
The Product Design Engineer is part of the Design Team, which is part of the Product Development department. The Product Development department takes care of the implementation of customer projects where you work together within the Project team, consisting of a colleague Design Engineer, a Project Manager and one or more Process Engineers, including a strong link with colleagues from the Core Technology team, the architect (s), program manager(s) and lead engineer(s). Together you will contribute to the customer’s success and continuous improvement of the Design Team targets meeting the company’s goals by managing your own projects and coach your colleagues
Micronit serves the world’s leading high-tech companies and universities, producing innovative microfluidics and MEMS products. To meet these challenges, we have a growing team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Our products can be found all over the world in DNA analysis systems or point-of-care testing solutions, they can even be found in space. We believe our strength comes through multidisciplinary teamwork and we are dedicated to unleashing your potential to make our customers successful. Have you got high-tech skills? Do you want to see where technology can take you? Then join our team!
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Micronit. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7521 PV ENSCHEDE 053 - 8506 850