As (Senior) Business Development Manager (BDM) at Micronit you are responsible for creating and developing short to long-term opportunities, to support Micronit’s ambitious growth plans.
You should primarily create and develop new leads leading to recurring revenue in the Micronit target market segments and applications, such as DNA Sequencing, In Vitro Diagnostics and Single Cell Analysis. In this position you will work closely together with customers.
You are commercially experienced with a strong drive to create new opportunities, develop proposals and quotations, often in close collaboration with a Project Manager, technical experts and Operations.
You bring in orders for starting design and development projects with the potential for future volume manufacturing and provide feedback from the market to various departments. In addition, you provide input for and feedback on the strategy and technology roadmap of Micronit.
You will utilize tools such as CRM for managing opportunities, customers and campaigns.
Your customers are all over the world, but you will be based in Enschede. In this role you report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
What do we expect from you?
- Develop and execute tactics and activities for creating leads, make quotations and converting these into orders and revenue
- Define and execute actions to progress sales cycle towards volume manufacturing
- Create and maintain outstanding relationships with internal and external customers
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions
- Collect and provide market intelligence and business trends as input for strategy & technology development, (strategic) partnerships and further Micronit growth
- Work closely with Marketing to establish successful marketing activities
- A strong insight in/knowledge of the Micronit target markets, applications, technology and processes
- Customer focus, excellent problem-solving skills and a strong focus on quality and results
- At least 5 years of experience in international B2B business development or sales in a (high) tech environment
- MSc degree in a technical field or Life Sciences
- Affinity with microfluidics, MEMS and/or lab-on-a-chip solutions
- Result oriented, motivated team player
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English, Dutch is a plus
- Maximum hour travelling distance from Enschede
- International travel and/or national travel at approximately 40% of the time within different time zones using different types of transport
A great and challenging function in a growing organization with the aim in making a distinctive contribution to a healthier world. In addition to a good salary, you are entitled to an electric lease car.
This is a fulltime position for 32 - 40 hours a week.
Bedrijfsprofiel Micronit Microtechnologies
Micronit serves the world’s leading high-tech companies and universities, producing innovative microfluidics and MEMS products. To meet these challenges, we have a growing team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Our products can be found all over the world in DNA analysis systems or point-of-care testing solutions, they can even be found in space. We believe our strength comes through multidisciplinary teamwork and we are dedicated to unleashing your potential to make our customers successful. Have you got high-tech skills? Do you want to see where technology can take you? Then join our team!
Our unique combination of expertise in micro technologies and micromachining and commitment to quality makes us one of the most innovative producers of microfluidics and MEMS products.
Micronit is based in Enschede (NL) and Dortmund (DE). We are in the process of designing a new headquarters and production location at Kennispark Station Enschede, which will be completely CO2-neutral.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Micronit. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!
7521 PV ENSCHEDE 053 - 8506 850