As a Legal & Compliance Officer at OPRA you are responsible to support our organization on all legal matters. Your main responsibilities would be:
- Identify legal & compliance matters and minimize risks
- Review and prepare legal documentation and commercial contracts in order to comply with applicable laws & regulations
- Involved in the risk review process before contract reward
- Improve and maintain our standard set of template contracts such but not limited to sales contracts, business partner (agents/reseller) contracts, NDA, LTSA, general T&C for sales and service in order to comply with applicable laws & regulations
- Create new template contracts on service partner contracts, MoU, LOI and co-development (R&D), licensing agreement & packaging agreement
- Improve purchase contracts on achieving better control on performance and flexibility
- Advise on and deal with disputes and litigation
- Patent/IP registration and maintenance
- Provide general employments law advice
- Contribute to the general/legal/compliance goals of the company, such as creating awareness, drafting and maintaining up to date models
- Engage and manage external lawyers on a case-by-case basis
- Report on activities (findings, analysis) and advise the company on legal issues whilst acting in the company’s best interests
- Implement and maintain Data Protection (AVG), Export Control and other compliance issues when applicable
- Support on due diligence and set-up data room/contract database for OPRA
- Support on shareholder related questions/documents
- Master ‘s degree in Law, preferably in Dutch and German law
- At least 5 years of experience as in in-house lawyer within an Industry firm, and
- Having minimal 2 years of experience working in a law firm is considered to be a plus
- English language and communication skills (verbal and in writing) at CEFR level C2
- Knowledge of international law, tax law and patent law is a plus
- Occasionally international travel required
- Minimum 32 work hours per week
- Set-up of Legal & Compliance Officer function within OPRA
- Competitive salary
- Growing organization
- An international work environment with knowledgeable colleagues.
Bedrijfsprofiel OPRA Turbines
OPRA Turbines develops and manufactures advanced, clean, low emission gas turbines generating sets based on our own patented technology. Our key markets are 1.5-10 MW power generation solutions for oil and gas, marine and industrial customers. OPRA gas turbines are used for various applications such as power generation at oil fields, combined heat and power and waste-to-energy.
Almost two years ago we opened our brand-new site in Hengelo, located at the High Tech Systems Park.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Opra Turbines. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.