- teach in the fields of Finance and Accounting, Technology and Innovation and/or Entrepreneurship;
- translate authentic business problems into representative and suitable education assignments and assessments in terms of both content and didactics
- coach students in their learning process, to help them develop into generalists in international business;
- work in both Deventer and Enschede.
- develop examinations and measure and assess students’ development and results.
- an inspiration and motivator for students and colleagues as a lecturer of Finance and Accounting but possibly also in the fields of Technology and Innovation or Entrepreneurship;
- a result-oriented team player who develops and teaches together with colleagues;
- versatile as a work placement- and final assignment supervisor, coach and supervisor in project-based education;
- innovative and eager to work in an international environment?
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- a Master degree;
- thorough knowledge of and/ or proven experience in the fields of expertise mentioned, preferably in international organisations;
- an affinity with international business administration and economics topics and the ways in which international organisations operate;
- didactic experience and a teacher qualification or the willingness to obtain this;
- an excellent command of English, both oral and in writing (Cambridge Advanced level or higher);
- knowledge of research skills and practice-oriented research?
What do we offer?
A position as a lecturer / researcher 2. The employment is for one year, with a possibility of extension for maximally two years. Depending on your knowledge and experience, the salary is maximally € 4.192,37 (pay scale 10, collective labour agreement HBO) at a full-time working week. In addition, you will receive 8% holiday allowance and a thirteenth month’s pay. Saxion is committed to equal opportunities and diversity.
Your new work environment
The world is getting smarter and smarter. Every day we see products, services and solutions that were not there the day before. Saxion believes that people need to be at the centre of this process. That is why we prepare our students "Get ready for a smart world" in various ways for their future role in this dynamic society.
At Saxion, students learn how their field of study is influenced by innovations and how they can apply technology to achieve the best results. Our research distinguishes itself by focusing on the interaction between man and technology. Saxion's approach ties in well with the strong growth of the high-tech manufacturing industry, in which the eastern part of the Netherlands is taking a leading role. Students and researchers come with surprising views and smart solutions to issues encountered by companies and organisations. These solutions have a high impact on people and their living environment; life becomes easier, more agreeable, more affordable, more sustainable.
The International Business School of Saxion provides the educational programmes International Business (IB), International Business & Languages (IBL) and International Business and Management Studies (IBMS) to over 950 students. The IBS is situated in both Deventer and Enschede. The school has a strong international Conscious Business profile and its students are of both Dutch and foreign origins. Our employees maintain close links to companies, organisations and foreign educational institutes.
Closingdate: 25 August 2019
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of the University of Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!