We are looking for a Senior Process Development Engineer.
The mission of Inreda is to bring a high quality, reliable and affordable fully closed-loop bi-hormonal artificial pancreas system to the home of all people with diabetes who are in need of such a solution. To achieve this, we do everything to bring costs down to lower barriers and increase access for all. In this way, we contribute to the improvement of diabetes treatment and the patient’s quality of life. Eventually, this will result in reduced societal costs and a reduced risk of complications.
Inreda is looking for an experienced Process Development Engineer who will develop and implement manufacturing processes associated to New Product Development as well as driving quality and efficiency improvements to our current processes. You will fulfill a key role in the development of the process design, new equipment and process flows in close collaboration with R&D, Quality and Operations.
- Apply mechanical engineering tools and concepts to: design, develop and implement new manufacturing processes/tooling/equipment for the assembly, programming and testing of new and existing products.
- In the early product development phase, you will provide input and guidelines to the Product Design Engineers to ensure Design for Manufacturability of the new products.
- Define specifications for production equipment and interact with equipment suppliers to ensure equipment will meet specifications.
- Assure product and process quality by testing process capabilities and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Initiate improvement plans for efficiency, capacity and quality of production.
- Implement improvements through product, process, and tooling design changes.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in process/manufacturing engineering role.
- Experience working in a production environment.
- Technical understanding and experience of manufacturing lines and basic assembly techniques like (laser) welding, dispensing, press-fit of mechanical and electronic parts.
- Practical experience with principles of Design for Assembly and 6 sigma tools (e.g. DMAIC, DFA, DOE, CPk, etc.).
- Basic understanding of quality systems and control (e.g. FMEA, control plan, SPC, 8D).
- Demonstrated hands-on ability using basic hand tools, test and measuring equipment.
- Well organized and detailed oriented.
- Good communication skills in Dutch and English. German is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with MS Office programs.
- Experience with 3D CAD (Autodesk Inventor) is a plus.
We are passionate to develop innovations that are focused on improving the glucose time in range for people with diabetes and minimizing the impact of the disease in their daily lives.
- People are the centre and starting point of all we do.
- We understand what is needed to improve quality of life for people with diabetes and we will not stop before we bring that solution to the market.
- We operate in a way that our solutions become available to those who need it most. Social responsibility is a key driver.
- We do this by dreaming big.
- We always ask ourselves “why not” instead of “cannot”.
- We have our own way and that makes us what we are.
- We do everything to be transparent to all stakeholders.
- We realize that our products are a main element in the wellbeing of people with diabetes. Therefore, being reliable and providing excellent service at all times is our first priority.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Inreda Diabetic in Twente! In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!