You are a member of the Product Team on behalf of Supply Chain and you are the point of contact towards Standard Solutions and Engineering. As an Industrial Architect, you are involved in drawing up the product plan, bid phase, order acceptance phase, design phase and the production phase of a project / product. When drawing up the Product Plan, you supply input to be able to set up the supply chain for the entire Life Cycle (including Life Cycle Costs and service provision).
The tasks of the Industrial Architect in the bid phase are inventorying of production risks, supporting the product recurrent cost calculation, setting up the planning (in conjunction with the Master Planner) and supplying formal delivery time to the bid & capture team.
In the design phase you are responsible for setting up the Supply Chain and giving feedback on engineering about the manufacturability of the design in order to meet recurrent cost targets. More specifically, you are responsible of drawing up product industrial plan, supply chain management plan and industrialization plan :
- Give feedback to Engineering about manufacturability of the design and monitor/influence decisions impacting recurrent cost
- Improve the working methods between engineering and supply chain/purchasing in the NPI process
- Coordination of interaction Purchasing/engineering with suppliers
- Leading industrialization actions (production tooling, setting up new processes, innovative production flow with focus on increasing product MRL, test engineering and test equipment development,…)
- Work with the product team in drawing up industrial product plan, where total lifecycle of the product is taken into account.
In the pre-production phase, you are responsible for managing the production budget and production planning (in collaboration with the Master Planner). You identify and resolves bottlenecks, estimates risks and mitigates them where possible, monitors the delivery date and quality of the product. You ensure a smooth transition to production up to the FAI (First Article Inspection)
In all phases, ensuring communication between the parties involved in the project (Product Team, Engineering Supply Chain Departments, Standard Solutions, the Customer Account Teams and possibly the external customer) is an important task.
- Master/Bachelor level. preferably Industrial Engineering and Management;
- Demonstrable knowledge / experience in the field of program / production management;
- Affinity with production technologies / processes and logistics / supply chain management;
- Knowledge / experience with Planning, Cost Control and Lean Manufacturing;
- Well-developed and stimulating team leadership skills;
- Pragmatic, proactive and customer-oriented work style;
- Flexible attitude to respond to changing situations and environments;
- Positive influence on relationships within and outside the Supply Chain;
- Good communication skills and persuasiveness in both Dutch and English.
- An interesting job within a nice team in an international high-tech environment;
- Room for and attention to personal development and personal initiative;
- The opportunity to grow within the organization, for instance on a technical, managerial, commercial or international level;
- An open and flexible work environment where a good work-life balance is considered important;
- A pleasant workplace in "the best building in the Netherlands" (Public’s Choice Award, 2015) with our own Starbucks corner;
Bedrijfsprofiel Thales Nederland
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
With 80.000 talents working in 68 countries, we are one of the biggest high-tech employers in the field of safety and security. In the Netherlands, where 2000 employees are based, we are located in four cities: Huizen, Delft, Eindhoven and Hengelo (HQ). Together with an extensive ecosystem of knowledge partners, customers and suppliers, we work on radars for naval vessels, cyber security solutions, transportation systems, communication equipment for land forces, cryogenic cooling solutions and research & development for radar tech (in collaboration with TU Delft).
About the team
The team of Supply Chain Managers is responsible for providing Supply Chain Management capabilities within Supply Chain Teams and Product Teams as well as leading their industrial Work Package all across Supply Chain
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Thales in Twente! In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!