As part of our Research and Development (R&D) organization, the Test Engineer position is a newly defined role to contribute to cutting edge innovative Technologies and Products. As a Test Engineer, you are pragmatic and hands-on for a fast and effective realization of test setups, but you also have good developed analytical skills for proper interpretation of the test results. The Test Engineer will design, develop, and implement automatic test equipment and test programs for design verification and production testing. This position requires test, data analysis, and some programming.
- Responsible for activities and facilities in the R&D lab. Spends around 50% in lab, and 50% in R&D development office;
- Experimental research and development;
- Execution and assistance in setting up test plans, testing, data-analysis, documenting and reporting of experiments, test setups, process feasibility tests, proof of principle/ concept and prototypes;
- Work closely with and provide technical support to R&D and Operations teams including hands-on debug of test systems;
- Contribute to project plans by providing time-scale estimates;
- Keep up to date with relevant technologies and industry practices.
- Bachelor or Master in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or Optics;
- 2+ years of combined career experience as a hands-on test engineer working on electrical and/or - mechanical systems in a high-tech lab;
- Design and application experience of production test equipment;
- Experience in the complete test development life cycle of products and affinity with mechanics, hardware and metrology systems;
- Broad technical interest and not afraid to apply new (measurement) techniques;
- Experience with tools for data-acquisition and data-analysis;
- Good applied software skills (e.g. Excel, Matlab, Python, LabVIEW).
- A varied job in an innovative, dynamic working environment where you get the opportunity to be really involved in the project from A to Z;
- Always a challenge to find precisely that technical solution that others cannot find;
- Room for personal and professional development;
- An engaged group of colleagues who want to make it happen.
The business case is our guiding principle. We develop and build advanced production lines for small composite products.
IMS, Hightech for the world of tomorrow
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of IMS. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!