The European Market Segment Leader initiates and leads strategic actions, and supports tactics to achieve current-year business commitments and long-term business goals. It is an entrepreneurial role requiring initiative, creativity, strong customer relationship-building, communication, analytical, and leadership skills, as well as a thorough understanding of market trends, customers, vehicle systems, competition, and technologies. The role is an industrial B2B technical marketing position. A Marketing Segment Leader is the link between all disciplines involved in executing our growth strategy, and must be able to manage technical and commercial topics and teams. Visiting customers on a regular basis is an essential part of the job.
Drive short-term and long-term revenue growth
- Develop expertise in market dynamics and trends through direct customer engagement and secondary sources.
- Identify, evaluate, and prioritize competitive, legislative, and technical discontinuities that present opportunities or threats.
- Provide direction to the product development teams by translating market and competition trends into product roadmap proposals.
- Build strategic, action-oriented business plans to grow share in existing applications.
- Present business cases for senior management approval.
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Engineering, and Project Management to deliver new business opportunity closures.
- Responsible for pricing strategy and profitability for all new business opportunities within segment.
Defend incumbent positions against competitive entry
- Define and promote product value proposition with both customers and internal stakeholders.
- Manage product positioning in the market place, including rationalizing pricing strategy based on market conditions.
- Lead competitive benchmarking team activities, including both commercial and technical dimensions, and integrate benchmarking data into product and margin roadmaps.
- Drive for product enhancements to achieve sustained differentiation.
Provide demand and revenue forecast inputs
- Strategic Intent Plan, Long Range Plan (5 years), Annual Plan (1 year)
- Deliver accurate Annual and Long Range net revenue growth plan based on market dynamics and customer guidance.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in engineering or business (MBA a plus)
- 3 years industrial experience (automotive industry preferred)
- Desire to make a significant impact in a fast-paced, high-growth environment. Able to manage and execute change in a dynamic, complex organization.
- Proactive approach, and ability to work well under pressure. Analytical, logical, resourceful, creative, and results-driven.
- Able to work effectively both independently and in groups, and to collaborate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds around the world.
- Able to act decisively under conditions of ambiguity, and adapt plans in light of new information.
- Willingness to travel: 10%-20% travel in Europe, and 1-2 overseas trips max per year as required.
- Excellent presentation and customer-facing skills.
- Strong written and verbal English ( additional foreign language fluency a plus)
- Ability to synthesize a coherent, meaningful, and compelling story from diverse and sometimes incomplete data sources (and communicate it effectively at all levels of the organization).
- Able to develop deep subject matter expertise, and insight into current and future automotive systems, their controls, and enabling sensing solutions. (Prior related experience preferred, strong interest required.)
- Able to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans.
- Solid understanding of financial fundamentals.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word skills.
Bedrijfsprofiel Sensata Technologies Holland BV
Sensata Technologies is one of the world's leading suppliers of sensing, electrical protection, control and power management solutions. Sensata's products improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day in automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air-conditioning and ventilation, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine applications.
We are a rapidly growing company with $3.3 billion in annual revenues, operations and business centers in 12 countries and more than 22,000 employees worldwide, including 900 people in mostly engineering, business development and corporate support roles at our U.S. headquarters in Attleboro, MA.
We pride ourselves on being a leading global company with strong, local decision making and innovative complex products that make a real difference. We have a reputation for unwavering integrity and offer global exposure to world-class talent and significant personal growth and development opportunities.
By clicking the application button, you will be navigated to the website of Sensata in Twente. In case the link is not working anymore, the vacancy has expired and you will no longer be able to apply. We try to keep our job database as up-to-date as possible, we would very much appreciate it if you could let us know in case a link is not working.
Would you like to be kept up-to-date about other interesting jobs in Twente, then sign up here and create your own job account!